9. "I will drop to the floor and throw a full on four year old bitch fit."

We didn't get caught kissing that night but much to my dismay City and I decided to distance ourselves from each other

We didn't get caught kissing that night but much to my dismay City and I decided to distance ourselves from each other. It's now coming up on the end of my first week and I'm finally to start feeling a little more comfortable with the people here. City and I find ways to discreetly brush up against each other; our resolve to stay away from each other with each passing day. I'm slightly worried when City tells me that she has a meeting with her parents about possibly being discharged, it freaks me out because I don't want her to leave.

"Relax M&M, I'm not going anywhere it's just a formality. Trust me they don't want me back just as much as I don't want to go back." City smile at me, it's a smile I've become quite addicted to over the past week. This smile reaches her eyes and accentuates her absolutely adorable dimples.

"You sure?" I'm wary that it's not so cut and dry. City grabs my hand and drags me to the in-room bathroom. Once we are secured in the bathroom City cups my cheeks, her brown filled with affection.

"I promise M&M, I'm not going anywhere. If they try to discharge me I will drop to the floor and throw a full-on four-year-old bitch fit." We both giggle and she pulls me in a hug that invades my senses with cinnamon. I nuzzle my head into the crook of City's neck, she has become my safe place and even though I only met her a week ago I just know that I can trust her. She pulls away from me and caresses my cheek with her soft hand.

"I wish I could kiss you right now M&M." City looks at me with a sullen expression. We decided that we would wait until I'm in a better place before we explore our feelings any farther.

"I know me too but you have my number so you can contact me when I'm out of this place." City and I leave the bathroom to sit on her bed.

"Yeah even if we don't work on the outside I know we would still be good friends." City places her hand over mine.

"Lord knows I need them. At least I'm making progress right now with coming to terms with what happened, what I did and how I let myself get so self-destructive. Hell, the looks on my family's face was enough to scare me into never do it again. I couldn't do that to my brother, he's already lost so much." I can see the pain in City's eyes, I wonder how many sob stories she's heard over the years? That has to take its toll on a person, it takes a special kind of person to be able to handle hearing all that heavy shit.

"I am proud of you for how far you have come. I say you'll be out of here in a week, give or take a few odd days." Her eyes brighten and sadden all at the same time, I know why.

  ❁❁❁  

"Ok Maia it is your turn, care to share your feelings." Dr. Rodgers has been after me for about a week and a half about sharing the feelings I have about my situation in group, I guess it is time to give in.

"Fine, but it's going to be long." I huff trying to figure out how to put it in words. City holds out her hand for me to grasp onto for moral support, I take it.