6. "Let's go yeah?"

I walk up to a wide-eyed Avery after her amazing performance at the pep rally

"Um, is that Joel's Jacket?" she questioned pointing at the black leather jacket that is way too big for my five foot, four frame. I completely forgot I was wearing it for a little bit. It smells amazing, like pine and sandalwood. The jacket brings me a sense of comfort and warmth. I haven't had the nerve to take it off just quite yet.

"Uh, yeah it's a long story. Tell you later, sleepover tonight at my house? We can order barbecue chicken pizza." 

"Yeah sounds great, just let me text my mom and dad to make sure it's okay."

"Yeah, I should go find Joel any way to give him this." I tug at the leather jacket that I'm not ready to give up yet.

"Okay, we can meet at the car." Avery turns around and heads to the dressing rooms, while I pull out my phone to text Joel. 

That's weird why would he leave his jacket with someone he barely knows? I mean admittedly it felt like we sorta clicked and that there is something between us but still, we have only known each others name for about eight hours

That's weird why would he leave his jacket with someone he barely knows? I mean admittedly it felt like we sorta clicked and that there is something between us but still, we have only known each others name for about eight hours. I head to my locker to get my stuff and so I can leave Joel's jacket.

❁❁❁  

After I did everything I needed to at my locker I shut it and jogged to the parking lot. Once I get there I scan the parking lot for Avery, finally, I spot her leaning against her car watching something on her phone with a serious look on her face.

"Hey Av! What are you watching?" Avery turns to me her face saddening.

"Oh, honey." She sniffles tears starting to stain her face.

"What? What's wrong? Did you and Hunter break up or something?" Avery shakes her head, handing me her phone.

At first, I'm confused, but then I see it as my life begins to unravel right before my eyes. I watch as Chad and I take each other's clothes off. I watch as he lays me down, of course, he is blurred out but there I am, everything out on display. I click out of the video to see that it was publicly posted on the school's group page and that it has been shared over a thousand times. Tears crawl down my face and Avery pulls me into a hug.