Chapter 12

"A break?" He questions
"It's just, I'm tired of worrying." I say looking down
"I told you I'm fine!" He says
"I don't think I can handle it if something were to happen to you, I keep having these nightmares, I'm constantly having panic attacks." I say looking back up at him, tears now flooding his face
"But aren't you used to it? Like with your dad?" He says slightly whispering than hushing me to the side where no one can see us.
"That's exactly my point, I'm worrying about someone or something all the time! I-I love you so much peter, but I don't think I can take the heartbreak of being your girlfriend. I will never stop loving you and I will never stop loving what we have, as a couple, but I can't be worried everyday about if I will ever see you again." I say practically breaking down
"Y/N- Don't dont do this." He begs
I look down wiping about my tears
"I'm sorry Peter, we just need a break, so you can choose what is more important to you. Me or Spider-Man." I say walking away. Tears now flooding my eyes and face I can't hold them back anymore. I cry and cry walking out of the school. I can't believe I did that. I love him so much.
Time skip to later that night
I slip into some sleeping shorts and a tang top. I pull my hair into a bun than grab my covers and toss them aside so I can get into bed. I was about to sit down when I heard a knock on my balcony. I looked over to see nothing. It must have just been a tree I think to myself. I go to lay down again when I hear another knock. In frustration I walked over to the balcony and opened it. I looked around to see nothing so I start to turn around but then something stuck to my back and yanked me outside of my room. I yelp at the sudden action but then soon I land into a body and they put there hand over my mouth.
"Shhhh. It's me Peter." He's holding on to me while he's sticking to the side of my neighbors house. He climbs up it then shoots a web to a near by building, he keeps swinging until he reaches his apartment fire escape. He swings into his window than lands inside his room. I fall on his bed form all the action I'm not used too.
"Peter!" I say angrily
"Shhh!! Aunt may is sleeping, I just want to talk." He says shushing me then takes a seat next to me. He's wearing his Spider-Man suit, but it's bothering me since we basically broke up bc of it. He notices my hurt look and presses the spider on the suit which makes it fall off his body. He pulls his mask off then tosses it aside.
"There's nothing to talk about peter." I say standing up then grabbing one of his shirts on the floor since I'm freezing from flying through out the city in just my pajamas.
"Yes there is!" He argues following me. I turn to see he's only wearing underwear, it really distracts me, but I try my best to ignore it.
"Well then talk to me." I say sitting back down on his bed.
"First of all, we are not breaking up, no way will I let an amazing girl like you walk right out of my life! Second, Liz will never get in the way of me and you, I will always put you first and I will ignore the hell out of her only for you! Third," he stops talking then takes a knee in front of me taking my hands and holding them.
"Third... I've been thinking lately, what I want to do with my life, and, the choice is obvious, I want to get married, have kids and grow old, but only with you! So, Y/N Stark, will you marry me, someday."  He says pulling out a ring from behind him. He holds the ring starring at my face for a reaction.
"But- but what about Spider-Man?" I ask
"I've been thinking of resigning my place as Spider-Man, of course that is when we get married." He says slightly looking away for a second but then back at me.
"Peter, no no, I couldn't ask you to do that!" I say holding his hands tighter
"Y/N, I want to do it! But only for you!" He says.
I look at the ring that up at his puppy dog eyes,
"YES! I will marry you someday!" I slightly yell remembering that Aunt May is sleeping. A big doppy smile wipes across Peters face,
"Really!?" He says so excited his voice cracks.
"Yes yes yes yes!" I say
Peter picks me up and swings me around the room.
"You've made me the happiest man alive!" He says laying thousands of butterfly kisses on my head.
"And you've made me the happiest women alive!" I say back to him.