CHAPTER TWO

Was there ever a time in your life when you had to do something that terrified you just thinking about it?

I look at the time and it's almost morning. In just a couple of hours, I have to come face to face with the people who took everything from me. The very same people who ruined my perfect childhood.

As a teenager in university, I've devoted my entire life to one thing; I'll bring the Costello family to their knees and make them pay for all my sufferings. My mother's silent cries at night when she thought I've gone to sleep. The first time I celebrated my birthday without my father waking me up at dawn to wish me a happy birthday.

 The whole idea has me silently laughing.

 But who am I kidding I'm not the kind of person that takes revenge on others but what I will do is ruin their business name. There's nothing in this world which the Costello's cherish more than their empire. They are heartless, monstrous people that would do anything to stay at the top of the food chain.

I look at the picture of my dad with me sitting on his shoulder. He looks so happy in this picture.

 Dad, I miss you so much, every single day my longing for you grows more and more... please go with me in spirit as I take on this dangerous quest.

You didn't deserve what they did to you...

I didn't deserve it...

My mother had sold my father's company to the Costello's after I ran away from home. 

That was five years ago...

I still owned half of that company... at least that's how it should have been. When I turned 21 I had still not received a single penny of my inheritance. I came into contact with my mother and stepfather as I didn't dare to go and meet with them I wrote a letter instead. 

 I thought they must have moved to a different address as they didn't write back or even called the number I wrote down in the letter. After I've completely given up hope that they've forgiven me for running away and accepted the fact that my mother must have disowned me.

I received a letter back from them three months later.

Dear Rosalie

It's so good to hear from you. I and your mother truly miss you, well your mother more than me. Such a lot has happened since you left. 

We've discovered the real reason for your father's death. It appears that a wealthy Italian businessman who you're father has worked with on many occasions in the past planned his death. I came across one of their project folders and discovered that they were working on a multi-million dollar project that later turned out to be worth billions. They agreed they would go for an even split on the profits they made.

I did a little investigation of my own and went into your father's financial records. There has never been a transfer with a large amount made in any of his accounts since their partnership. I asked for the help of an old detective buddy of mine he found out that the Costello's kept your father's share for themselves. When your father found out about it they had to silence him. Mr. Costello couldn't afford a bad reputation it would've destroyed his business name. The Costello's had a lot of connections as well as money to make the investigation about your father's murder go silent.