CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

ROSE POV

I wrote a short note to Quinn explaining my sudden leave. I didn't want to tell him over the phone and have him rushing here. That would've been just an explosion waiting to go off.

Dante has been impatient the whole morning. He packed my bags claiming I couldn't do it myself and it would be quicker if he did it.

We left for the airport and a plane was already waiting to take off. When we entered the plane a young woman was sitting in the seat already.

She introduced herself as Marlene and she didn't look a day older than twenty.

Professional nurse? More like a candy apple on the sideline.

The entire flight was in complete silence Marlene read a romance novel and Dante was fighting against his sleep.

"Why don't you rest a while I'll wake you up before we land," I told him softly.

"I don't need you telling me what to do." 

Oh but you sure do enjoy demanding me...

I left it at that not wanting to anger him any further than he already was. A few minutes later he was drifting off to sleep he looked so peaceful asleep like he had no care in the world.

I was still questioning why the sudden urge to marry a man who wanted nothing to do with me surely wants me close.

When he threatened me with lawyers and that he'll separate me from my newborn child if I didn't agree to marry him made me hate him even more than I already did once before.

Deep down inside a little voice kept reassuring me that his putting up an act and that he isn't this cruel but the look of despise in his eyes kept telling me otherwise. 

We soon landed and headed to a fancy hotel. The receptionist was flirting unashamedly with Dante as if I didn't exist standing next to him.

I placed my hand on him, he gave me an unpleasant look but I quickly looked away not bothered by him. We were shown to our rooms and he pinned me to the door as soon as we were left alone.

"That little stunt you pulled downstairs to see to it that it never happens again or there would be all types of hell to pay!"

"You'll be my husband soon and I won't tolerate another woman looking at you with desire and lust in their eyes. You won't sleep around and disrespect our marriage in any way!" I yelled at him showing him my frustration.

"So you would satisfy my needs and warm my bed seeing that I can't get it anywhere else?"

Dante's POV

I haven't even noticed the look the lady down at the reception gave me and that she's bothered by it surprises me. I'll never disrespect the mother of my child and our marriage even if it's just in name. How could she think so lowly of me?

She looked away from me not wanting to give me the satisfaction that my words had affected her.

"We won't have sex now or even after the baby is born!" She raises her voice at me.

She was so easy to tease and now that's she's pregnant she's even more hot-tempered.

"I'm a man and I have needs."

"And I'm not some cheap whore that will satisfy those needs!"

I harden my hold on her and lowered my face till my nose touched hers.

"You should have thought about that when you agreed into marrying me, Tesoro. I promise to my unborn child that I won't go look for sexual affections outside of our bedroom but then you must promise to be a wife to me in every way a woman should be a wife."