CHAPTER NINETEEN

Rose's POV

"What the hell!" Quinn screamed putting his hands on his head, letting his towel slip exposing his manhood.

"Quinn! " I said through laughter covering my eyes.

"Rose we just dodged a hell of a bullet." He said adjusting the towel around his waist.

"I just hope he hasn't noticed my baby bump," I said placing my hand on my stomach.

"You the size of a baby elephant he must be blind not to have to notice that." He said laughing while adjusting his towel around his waist.

I threw the sofa's pillow at him and even though he made a joke I hope Dante was too occupied to notice anything.

It was a bit cold this afternoon when I left the house and I'm so thankful that I've dressed warmly hiding my baby bump. I haven't been feeling well when I left the grocery store after I've eaten a blueberry muffin.

When I heard that deep Italian accent from behind me at first I thought I must've been hallucinating from feeling unwell but when those Italian shoes stood in front of me.

My first thought was that he mustn't notice my bump and luckily for me, he hasn't, and then he offered me a ride home.

I wanted the earth to just swallow me in right then. I was so glad when we reached the house I couldn't wait for him to just leave. He looks so different his hair was longer and he grew his beard. He looks a bit older than he is.

"You fucking said that we're married!" I just realized what Quinn said earlier.

"It just slipped out."

Dante's face went straight to zero when Quinn said that. I couldn't have imagined that?

"What if he comes back?" I hear Quinn say.

"Let's just hope he doesn't." 

"You and me both know that's not gonna happen, Rose. The man looked lost. Hell, I hardly recognized the guy he looked like shit. His being here in Paris is a recipe for disaster. I can feel it."

He was right knowing Dante he'd probably show up on our doorstep sooner or later.

"I needed just a little more time I wasn't ready for us to meet again and not under these circumstances."

"You gotta be strong baby girl remember that's my goddaughter or son in there perfection can't be rushed. Just go with what we've been telling all our friends and neighbors here. We got married and you're pregnant with our child. I doubt he'll question it."

"How can you sound so sure?" 

Dante took a seat next to me on the couch and placed his hands on mine.

"You still love him don't you?"

Shocked that he'd ask me this I looked away and then back at him.

"You do, don't you..."

I  caught my breath "I do love him and seeing him in this state just breaks my heart."

"Then when he shows up in our door again decide whether to tell him the truth or not."

I felt the tears prick at the back of my eyes but didn't want to cry in front of Quinn.

"How can I take you seriously if you sitting here with nothing but a towel around your waist?" I laughed softly at him.

"I love you, remember that." I watched Quinn walk off to his bedroom and the moment his door closed I let go of the tears I held back.

Dante's POV