CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Rose's POV

(The hospital)

When the ambulance came to take Arthur to the hospital I wanted to go and see Dante.

He knew Arthur and was talking as if I was part of some plan of Arthur's.

I had part of a plan, yes but it was my own. Just filled with words of Arthur's.

My head was still aching and I was so confused. I felt a sharp pain shoot up in my lower back, stepping backward a paramedic caught me before I fell.

"You need to get checked out too Miss." He said putting me in the front seat of the ambulance. He went to the back to sit with Arthur.

I just wanted to know where Dante was and if he was okay.

I dialed Dante's cellphone but it was turned off.

The whole drive to the hospital I could only think about what Dante had said.

He looked so hurt and angry I need to see him and ask him about my father and get this over with. I need him to clear his name... and I need to do the same.

When we reached the hospital Arthur was rushed into the emergency room.

"I have to go," I said to the paramedic and just as I wanted to walk away I suddenly felt light-headed.

It was as if the room was spinning and I stumbled against the front desk.

"You're going nowhere until you had a doctor examine you." He said and led me into a room.

While I was sitting on the hospital bed covered in a rope I stared out the window. It was beginning to rain. Rain in early spring always looked so beautiful just a pity that my day wasn't going that well.

"I wish the rain could wash away my past and give me a new beginning..."

A male doctor came into the room interrupting my thoughts.

"I'm Doctor Charles." He gave me his hand.

"Rose." I shook his firmed hands and it reminded me of Dante's.

"I heard you are having dizziness?"

I nod my head.

He examined me and wrote notes on his sheet then he took a seat on the chair in front of me.

"Do you have any pain?"

"Yes, I have a slight cramp in my lower belly."

He asked me to lay down on my back and placed his hands on my stomach pressing against it with his fingers.

"I'll need to run a few tests just to be sure everything's perfect. Is that all that's hurting?" He asked.

My heart too...

"I bumped my head and I'm having a terrible headache."

The doctor immediately took me for an x-ray. Now minutes later I'm waiting for him so that I can go to see Dante.

The door opened with the doctor giving me a small smile.

"Good news Miss Vaughn you don't have any damages to your skull or brain."

I sigh from relief but then...

"Although you'll have a minor headache for a little while longer caused by the force you've hit your head with. Your baby, on the other hand, is perfectly fine."

Baby?

"The baby went into a little shock by the impact your body landed against the floor with. That's why you're experiencing those cramps but nothing to worry about."