CHAPTER TWELVE

Rose's POV

These past few days in Heisenberg were like a fairy tale. Dante had a lovely picnic planned for us in the rose garden. We made love in almost every corner of his house and enjoyed sundowners by the pool.  He took me to an outdoor theatre and we made out in the car. It made me think of the things I haven't done in high school and even university. We had lunch on a little private boat on the lake. This man is full of surprises and many talents. We extended our stay leaving on Sunday afternoon. 

I've even met Mr. and Mrs. Brown they both seemed like really nice people. Now we were on a flight back home things will probably change once he returns to his natural habitat.

Saturday evening I began to feel guilty.

I'm completely captivated by this handsome man that I've forgotten all about the hatred I had towards him and his family name.

I'll have to continue with my plan to honor my father's death. My feelings for Dante would just have to be put aside. 

I look over to where Dante is busy on his laptop. He must've felt my eyes on him when he turned my way and smiled at me, putting his laptop aside he came to me claiming my lips.

A tear escaped my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Dante looked at me with much concern in his eyes.

He wiped the tear away with his thumb.

"Nothing," I said pulling him towards myself kissing him.

I'm so sorry things have to end this way for us.

(Back home)

It's been 6 weeks since I last saw Dante, he went on a business trip to Tokyo. And the time apart gave me space to get my feelings in check.

I was batting against myself, whether I should just come clean or just put it all behind me.

Make my own happy little after with some skeletons in the closet.

When Dante returned from Tokyo, I tried keeping my distance at work but it was so hard with him being his charming self.

We sneaked around like naughty teenagers, making love in his office. Kissing till we're both breathless in the elevator. Just the thrill of getting caught by the other employees made it so much exciting.

One evening when we were laying in bed our bodies wrapped around each other after some satisfying steamy sex, it just felt so right being in his arms. My hate for him has vanished into the back of my mind long ago.

Yes, he was a coldless, arrogant businessman but deep under he was loving and caring as well. How could such a man be responsible for someone's death?

"Rose..."

His angelic voice brought me out of my deep thoughts. Lifting my head slightly I kiss him on his cheek. Giving him my undivided attention and stroking my fingers down his chest.

"My family is coming into town for a few days and have invited me over... I want you to come along.

I sat up straight...

Surprised.

On the last night of our business trip in Heisenberg, Dante suggested I break things off with Quinn and well I said I would.

Quinn was laughing about it over our phone conversation.

I ended up spending most of my nights in Dante's penthouse warming his bed after he suggested I should move in. I haven't completely moved in because I wanted to tell him about everything about Arthur and my dad's death but I just hadn't had the courage.