CHAPTER TWENTY

Dante's POV

Rose ran into Quinn's arms crying they both knew this day would come but nothing prepared them for what just took place.

I saw them in each other's embrace from inside my car. It angered me even more banging my fist against the steering wheel I started the engine.

After a long conversation with my father, I called my lawyer.

"Ross I need you to draw up a prenuptial marriage agreement and there's an unborn child involved. If the mother doesn't agree to marry me or even consider having a divorce later on in the marriage I want full custody of the child at any cost... And the mother left penniless."

"Are you sure the child is yours, Mr. Costello?"

I haven't given that any thought yet. It could just be one big setup. The child might not even be mine. But the look in her eyes told me she was telling the truth.

"Yes."

"Very well then sir I'll make it happen."

"Good see you in two days."

Rose POV

The following morning I couldn't eat and I hadn't slept a wink since Dante stormed out of the house last night. I've been looking at the time ever since the sun came up. I was afraid of what he may say when he'd arrive.

Quinn has gone to work and promised to be back soon.

A knock on the door left me terrified. 

Walking shakily to the door I slowly turned the doorknob. Dante was standing there in his navy blue Armani suit and black leather Italian shoes with a golden Rolex on his wrist.

He had shaven his beard which made him almost look like his old self except for the dark circles around his eyes that stated otherwise.

He looked like he could do with a good night's sleep.

Dante looked at my pink oversized t-shirt and then at my bare feet.

"You should dress warmer you might catch a cold." He said in a firm voice.

"I was about to get in the shower when you knocked on the door."

"Don't let me keep you from taking a shower then. I have a few phone calls to make anyway." He said sitting down on the couch that was too small for his body.

After I took my time in the shower wanting to delay having to look at him. I went into my bedroom and locked the door. Turning away from the door I saw Dante fast asleep on my bed.

"Shit Dante!" I screamed causing him to wake up he took a full view of me and then stood up.

With just a few steps he was in front of me he ran his fingers against the material of the towel. His touch was burning my skin sending little shock waves through my entire body.

He circled me as if I was his prey and then stopped behind me. He placed his hand underneath the rim of the towel and gently unfolded it letting the towel fall to the ground and walked to the front of me.

Dante touched my cheek tracing his long finger down my neck around my full pink rosy nipples.

I was angry at myself that my body would still react this way to him as I felt the tip of my nipples harden.

Dante placed his hand on my swollen stomach the baby kicked by his touch making him smile. He then pulled me against his lean muscular body taking my lips. It wasn't a forced kiss as much as I tried to pull away he kept me firmly against him. I couldn't take this delicious torture and give into my hormonal cravings. I moaned out in pleasure opening wider for him to taste more of me.

I've longed for his touch for so long. He lifted me against him with such ease, kissing me with such hunger.

Next thing I know he laid me on the bed gently as not to harm the baby. He lowered his head to my breast taking my nipple into his warm mouth while lowering his hand between my thighs.

His touch made me wet. 

Then he pulled away from me adjusting his tie leaving me panting, wanting more. He walked to the door.

"Get dressed."

I watched as he walked out of the room. I can't believe what just happened he turned me on so easily and then he just left me wanting his touch.

Needing him to make love to me just this once. He rejected me by the realization of that cold hard fact tears ran down my face. I stood up to get dressed.

Dante POV

What was I thinking kissing her like that but when I saw her all wrap around that towel, her full breasts and that fine behind made me so aroused.

Just with a small taste of her body's fragrance, I couldn't get enough of her. She still turns me on like a drug that I can never get enough of.

Rose responded to my kisses so easily and how she responded to my touch. It was clear that she wants me just as much as I want her.

When she entered the living room she looked disappointed.

"We're going to get married in Las Vegas tomorrow afternoon we're flying tonight," I said watching her shocked response.

"What?"

"Two days after the wedding we'll go to the UK I have some business to attend to and then we'll leave for a two-week honeymoon in Italy."

"Italy?" She asked softly.

"I told my parents about the whole Arthur incident and my father knows that you are pregnant. The honeymoon will be a front for my mother to show that it all was a big misunderstanding and that we are happily married." I answered her.

She went to sit down processing everything I've just told her.

"You'll have enough rest in between flights don't worry we'll be accompanied by a professional nurse and you'll have a check-up first thing when we land in Italy."

"Marriage? Are you serious? Why?"

"Yes I'm dead serious no child of mine will be born a bastard."

Rose stood up from her chair and she looked confused, hurt there were tears in her eyes. She wanted to say something, protest. Her mouth went open and close again.

She looked like she was about to pass out. Swaying around the room I caught her just before she could fall. I laid her down on the sofa after a while she slowly gained consciousness and sat up away from me. She tried to tuck her arms around her legs but they barely touched.

What other choice did I have? I want to be a part of my child's life. Give him two loving parents that are married even if it's just in name.

I want to give my unborn child the life my parents gave me. I had no parents until Mr. and Mrs. Costello came around.

I won't let my child have only one parent or even grow up in a divided home.

"If you don't agree to marry me, you'll only see our child on the day of his birth and never again. You'll have no part in his life." I looked over to her and I could see the fear in her eyes.

"You'd do something so cruel?"

"I can make that happen, you very well know that. I'll get the best lawyers money can buy."

"You are a monster!" She yelled at me.

Deep down her words hurts but I won't show her any mercy.

"I'll be anything you want me to be Tesoro. As long as I have my child with me you can hate me for as long as you want. But this isn't negotiable."

She looked away at the mention of the pet name I once gave her out of love.

I've had enough with her games, she probably doesn't even want this baby she's a damn good actress.

"Will you leave with me tonight or do I see you again when you say your goodbyes to our newborn child?"

It was silent for a moment and then I heard her voice soft broken filled with tears.

"I'll marry you, Dante Costello."