CHAPTER EIGHT

The guest were all dressed in expensive designer wear. No wonder Dante gave me this beautiful dress. I hadn't even thanked him yet. He led me to an empty round table.

"Stay here while I go greet some of the men I wouldn't want our conversations to bore you." He said winking at me.

So you brought me to a fancy-ass event just to leave me sitting here like a fool all by myself? I could've stayed at home if I was to be left all by myself.

I scanned the room for any potential candidates to socialize with but they all looked too posh and stiff. After half an hour or so a tall lean young man walked to my table he looked nothing more than to be in his late twenties.

"What's a pretty lady like you sitting here all by yourself?" He said in a rich British accent.

I looked at him and he was drop-dead gorgeous... not like Dante but close enough. He had grayish-blue eyes that were mesmerizing and way too friendly. Unlike those grey ones of Dante that were filled with darkness and heartless. Clearing my throat I look around to see where Dante was.

"My date thought it would be better if I sit here alone while he enjoys the party." I point my finger in the direction of where Dante was surrounded by men that looked like they were in a serious conversation.

"Well, then he is a fool, who wouldn't want to show off such a magnificent woman to the world? How about we teach him a little lesson and make him regret leaving you here for the predators to lure on?" He says so charmingly.

"How would we do that?" I asked out of curiosity.

He came closer to my ear and whispered his plan. Chuckling I nod my head in agreement and took his hand as he helped me out of my seat. I placed my arm around him and we took off into the crowd.

DANTE POV

In the limousine, Rose was so innocent not afraid to show her appreciation towards the taste of the champagne. I wonder if she's like that in bed I was surprised to learn she's only 23 years of age, her beauty makes her look way younger. When I returned to the table I thought I left Rose she was gone. I scanned through the crowd but I couldn't see her I began to get worried.

Where did you take off to woman?" I asked myself.

Surely she knows no one here... could she have taken off? I shouldn't have left her alone just to annoy her. As I began to pass through the crowd to the entrance door anger build up inside of me at the sight in front of me. A young man had his hand on her lower back, talking into her ear introducing her to people as if they were a couple. I closed my hand in a fist as I walked over to them.

"Rose, my love you had me frighten," I say pulling her from his touch into my arms. I place my lips on hers kissing her hard as to punish her then I break our kiss.

"Who's this gentleman you're with?" I ask looking at him straight in his face. I turned to look at her as she was taking too long to answer and her face looked flustered, embarrassed in shock over the kiss.

"The name is Wayne Ferguson." He says pulling his hand out towards me.

I shake his hand pulling him into my embrace.

"If I dare see your filthy hands on her again I'll have them cut off," I say in his ear loud enough only for him to hear.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we have to get going."

I took her by her arm pulling her outside to the back exit of the building. The event hasn't even begun and already I was no longer in a mood to stand around looking at other men adoring her. I was furious, pacing back and forth running my hand multiple times through my already messed up hair. I took out my phone and dialed the driver while starring at her like she's about to run off.