CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Dante's POV

I woke up with a terrible headache. Taking in my surroundings I sat up straight.

Where am I?

It looks as if a hurricane took place in the room. Pillows were scattered across the floor, the satin bedsheet was thorn... The table and cupboards were knocked over with all their content spread all over the place.

What happened here?

I feel a burning sensation against my fingers, looking at my hands my fingers bled, pieces of skin were gone exposing my flesh.

Rose!

I got off the floors circling the bedroom.

She wasn't in the room.

I ran over to the bathroom there was a hole in the door. I took a look inside and found it empty.

"Rose!" I yell out.

The first thing that comes to mind is Rose has been kidnapped or harmed and left to die somewhere...

"No, no, no Rose!" I scream out louder.

Searching in the living room and the kitchen hope seems to fade every passing moment.

I run over to the telephone on the countertop. Dialing the hotel security...

"My wife's missing.. " the words breaking.

"Find her now!" I bark over the phone as fear and anger took over my thoughts.

Running to the entrance door I turn on the doorknob it's still locked. I turn around scanning over the room. Everything still seems to be in place... She couldn't have been taken. She must still be here she could be laying unconscious here somewhere.

"Rose!"

I shout louder desperately for her to hear me. I look in every room of the hotel suite still nothing. I ran my hands through my hair pulling at it. I'm losing focus my heart beating faster out of fear.

A tear escapes my eye, wiping it away I walk to the last bedroom door of the penthouse. I haven't shed a single tear since I was 8 when my puppy died.

Praying I slowly turn on the knob hoping that she's in here. It's locked from the inside.

"Rose!"

I yell banging furiously against the door. Placing my ear against the door I listen inside the room... complete silence.

"Rose I know you're in here."

The torture of not being in control overwhelmed me. Feeling I had no other choice but to kick off the door with one blow I step inside... empty.

It felt like my heart's been ripped from my chest I fall on my knees every hope I had died inside of me.

"Shit Rose... where are you?"

I break down crying. I look around the room tears blurring my vision and then from behind the bed red strands of hair caught my eyes. I stand up slowly, walking around the bed. There she was sitting with her arms barely tucked around her legs.

"Rose..." I call out in relief it almost sounded like a whisper.

She looked at me with those big hazelnut eyes frighten. I pull her up in my embrace, kissing her on her forehead. Bending down on my knees I place kisses on her baby bump.

"I'm so glad you're safe Rose. I thought I'd lost you."

She pushed my hands away I stared at her confused.