CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Dante's POV

The next morning I walked into Rose's room she's been starring out of the window. She had blue circles around her eyes from not getting any sleep.

The door cracked open and she looked directly to me.

"Are you going to take me to her?" She asked with the little hope she had left in her eyes.

I've just come from Doctor Savelli and the baby hasn't shown any improvement through out the night.

(Conversation with Doctor Savelli.)
"Is she doing any better?"

"No, I'm sorry but I think we should put her out of her misery."

The words took time to finally sink in. A awful pain swept into my heart.

"She's not some animal you can just put down!"

"The baby is in a lot of pain and there's no telling how much more her small body can take."

She is...

"Her mother wants to see her... can you wait until then?" I can't believe I'm saying this words.

"Please don't mention anything to her, I want tell her myself."

"As you wish Mr Costello." He said and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Dante! Are you listening?" Rose's voice draws me out of my thoughts.

"Yes. I'll take you now." I gave her a small smile.

A nurse has brought in a wheelchair and I lifted Rose from her bed onto the wheelchair.

A small pain shoot into my injured leg.

"Are you okay, I could have helped myself." I hear Rose's voice filled with worry.

"I'm fine."

I strolled her into the elevator and pressed the button. Every second in the elevator broke a piece of me. I looked over to Rose and she was fiddling nervously with her dress. The door opened and for a moment it felt like I've frozen.

"Dante are you alright?"

I looked at Rose and pushed her out of the elevator. We were greeted by Doctor Savelli.

He led us to our daughter. She has been moved into her own private room.

She was still laying in her incubator attached to monitors and tubes.

Doctor Savelli has moved her into this room so Rose could have some privacy with our daughter. It was better this way. We'd get a chance to be with her alone in her dying hour.

"She looks so small." Rose said.

I looked over to the baby and she looked just like Rose except her hair was brown. I found this strange as I had black hair and Rose's was a ruby red. Perhaps it's just a mixture of the two.

"I'll give you guys a moment." The doctor said excusing himself.

This must be my cue to tell her.

"Rose... " My voice died off.

Looking at her, seeing her smile at our baby was to much to take. I walked to the back of the room giving her some time with the baby.

I broke down againts the wall crying. How am I suppose to tell her our baby is not going to make it?

I must've been sitting like this for a while just starring at them. Rose looked around the room then called out to me anxiously.

"I'm here."