CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Rose's POV

Rose cried the whole drive to the hospital. That she didn't have any tears left and was feeling exhausted.

When I reached Arthur's room my mother was sitting at his bedside. She stood up to hug me after a few seconds of hesitation I hugged her back.

I missed my mother and wanted to tell her that I'm carrying her grandchild but decided to keep it to myself not wanting to return here again.

"Hello, mother."

"Rose..."

I walked over to Arthur's bedside. He looked much better than what he did yesterday.

"You look well today," I said sitting in the chair that was next to his bed.

"Thank you."

"I need answers," I told him coldly.

"He's a pretentious bitch! Attacking me like that for no reason. I don't know why he was saying those things, he probably thought I came to expose him and that's why he reacted in that way."

I looked at him for a while studying his face. He looked nervous he couldn't even look me in my face.

"Why would he say such things, why make it all up? It doesn't make any sense and it sounded like he knew you very well."

Arthur moved around in his bed looking frustrated.

"I knew him from when he was just a little kid. Way before your father did business with his father, I've known their family. I used to do business with his father way back when I still stayed in Italy."

"It still doesn't explain why he would want to kill you. "

"Kill him?" My mother asked softly.

"He must've found out about the files I showed you. Isn't that enough reason to want to kill me?"

"If he was capable of killing my father as you said and he had a suspicion that you may have such information that could shatter their family business. Then how come are you still breathing? Why aren't you already a dead man as well... unless they paid you a huge fortune to shut you up!" 

"Rose!" My mother butt in.

He looked at me with cold eyes, I felt deep down inside that some part of what I said must be true.

"They did offer me twenty million to keep my mouth shut but my conscience has been hunting me. That's why I gave you that report."

"So you took that money? You knew the whole time who killed my father and you didn't say a thing!" I shouted at him.

It took every self-control I had to remain calm and not jump off my seat and assault him. He's lying through his teeth. Such a greedy bastard as him would never settle for merely twenty million.

"Arthur, what's going on? What is Rose talking about?" My mother looked at him then back at me.

I stood up from the chair I sat in and walked over to the window.

Breath...

"Then where is that money? Why didn't you use it to save my father, your friend's company?" 

"I paid my depth and there was hardly enough money left for me and your mother." He looked at my mother and took her hand. She looked at him sympathetically.

I don't know what to believe anymore. The sight of them both sicken me to my core and how dare she show such sympathy to this monster?

"Rosalie you have to get revenge for what they did." He said breaking the silence.