CHAPTER THIRTY

Dante's POV

"Dante..." I hear Rose's voice calling out to me.

I was sleeping in the chair next to her hospital bed not wanting to leave her side.

It has been 24 hours since she's been unconscious and every passing moment was pure torture to my soul.

"You're awake."

She placed her hand againts her head confusion spread across her face. I walk up to her bed and wanted to kiss her but decided againts it. She has enough to deal with now.

"When did you get here?"

Then it's as if realization hit her.

"The baby? " She asked placing her hand on her belly.

I had to look away not wanting her to see me break down. I couldn't let her see me this way I had to be strong for the both of us.

"Dante?" Her voice was soft and filled with uncertainty.

Rose places her hand on my arm pulling me towards her. I couldn't keep back the tears I've been fighting back.

It felt so comforting being in her embrace. I pull myself away from her and place a soft kiss on her forehead. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself.

She looked at me with tears dwelling in her eyes it broke my heart to see her like this.

"You gave birth to a beautiful baby girl."

She gives me a small smile whiping the tears from her face that was now flowing freely down her cheeks. I cleared my throat not trusting my voice to continue.

She looked around the room than back at me.

"Where is she?" She asked historical.

"Something happened..." I closed my eyes as the memories played out in front of me when I opened them it was full of tears.

"No, no, no please don't tell me..." Rose broke out in a soft cry.

I pulled her into my arms comforting her, placing kisses all over her face. She held on to me and it made me feel angrier with myself that I wasn't in control of this whole situation.

When she quiets down I told her all that has happened while she was unconscious she listen patiently not interrupting me while I talked.

After I had finished she stared at me with a blank expression.

"Take me to her."

Rose wasn't strong enough to get out of bed and I don't think she could handle anymore than what I had just told her.

"Tommorow I promise I'll take you; first you have to rest and gain some strength."

"Will you stay with her through the night than... please"

I was glad she didn't put up a fight and for once obeyed me.

I walked to the door and in the door frame I turned around to wish her a goodnight, but she had already turned her back to the door.

With crutches at hand I walked down the hallway to the NICU. I stopped in front of the big window looking in.

It hurt me seeing my little girl laying there connected to all those machines and tubes. I felt so powerless all I could do was stare.

When we had reached the hospital I rushed in with her safely tugged againts my chest.

"Help please!" I shouted when I reached the reception.

Nurses came rushing towards me taking her from me.

"Call a doctor." One of the nurses shouted out.

They laid her on a tiny bed which they strolled down a hallway. I tried to catch up lumping behind them.

"Sir let me attend to your wound." A nurse told me.

"No I need to be with my daughter, she needs me!" I yelled at her.

But she was persistent blocking my path I wanted to push her out of the way. I didn't want to be separated from her so soon after what had just happened.

"Let me check your wounds first then I'll take you to her myself." Her voice was soft and full of concern.

I asked my father's men to stay with the baby and not to leave her side. The nurse had to remove the bullet and luckily it wasn't that deep to have any surgery.

I kept looking at the time wanting the nurse to work faster. When she was done I had a cast around my leg.

She was persistent to take me to the baby using a wheelchair after I protested that I can walk perfectly fine on my own.

The nurses has successfully convince me to not put any more strain on my injured leg as it would only cause the healing to take longer.

When we reached the floor the baby was kept on Doctor Savelli walked out of the room that the baby was in.

"I'm so sorry about what happened to you and your baby." He said placing his hand on my shoulder.

I give him a little smile. I didn't want to be reminded of it.

"Will she make it?"

Doctor Savelli looked at me with concern. I was emotionally drained, starting to lose hope. I don't know how much of this I can take.

He took my wheelchair from the nurse who I had forgotten and pushed me to a near window. There she was laying peacefully in the incubator.

She was surrounded by multiple machines with tubes inside her mouth and attached to her small body. I couldn't look any longer without shedding a tear. I looked at the Doctor hoping for good news despite seeing her in this condition.

"As I've explained to you earlier on she isn't breathing on her own. It was crucial she stayed inside NICU until she could function on her own."

I clanged my fist in my lap I so badly wanted to get my hands on Arthur I'll make him pay for this.

"Being that long outside the incubator and exposed to all kind of germs caused her to get an infection on her lungs. I've immediately started an antibiotic treatment. I'm sorry to say I don't know if it will be successful."

"Doctor please you have to save her." I pleaded with him.

"I've been good friends with your father and it saddens me that you have to go through all this but as a friend I don't think she'll make it through the night there's nothing more I can do for her but to pray and have faith..."

"It's unfair she never even had a chance to live!" I screamed at him, I was blinded by tears and anger.

"You can't let her die... I just got her back. Please." I was begging him.

"It's out of my hands. Let's wait until tomorrow and see if she made any progress. My team will monitor through the night. "

He walked away leaving me sitting here completely helpless as I looked at my daughter who I've only known a few hours.

"Arggggg. That sick bastard I'll kill you if I ever see your face again."

I screamed out in anger not giving a shit who hears me.

Don't forget to comment and vote.