CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Rose's POV

The past few days I haven't felt like myself... At first, I thought it might just be flu or just a stomach bug. I've even got a prescription from the pharmacist but five days have already past and I still didn't feel any better.  

It was Monday morning and I didn't go to work. I was sick to my stomach and had a terrible headache.

By 9 am I called the receptionist. I knew Dante would be in a meeting and hadn't noticed my absence yet.

"Costello Steel industry, Liz speaking how may I help you?"

"Good morning Liz it's Rose."

"Rose where are you? Mr. Costello is waiting for you, you have to assist him in a few meetings."

I swallow the gulp in my throat. He noticed... I didn't want him to see me like this.

"Please tell him I won't come in today... I'm not feeling so well."

"Let me redirect your phone call to Mr. Costello."

"Uhm no, no there's no need to I'll send him an email later on. I have to go now."

I end the phone call before she could say anything else, two minutes later my phone rang. Dante's caller Id appeared on my phone's screen. I let the phone go to voicemail then I switched my phone on silent mode and placed it in my drawer. 

I went back to bed and soon fell fast asleep.

Dante's  POV

Rose was ignoring me again! I can't deal with these women I don't know whether I'm losing or winning with her.

Just a few weeks ago we were doing so great until she closed her front door on me. I wondered whether my parents did something to offend her? But that that can't be they were getting along so well.

I tried calling her phone but it went straight to voicemail. This must've been the hundreds of times I'm calling. Out of anger, I threw the phone against the wall. I'm going to put an end to this nonsense once and for all. Walking out of my office to the elevator I stop by Liz's desk.

"Cancel my appointments for the rest of the day and reschedule for sometime later in the week."

"Yes, Mr. Costello."

Damn couldn't Rose be this obedient? Then I wouldn't have to go through all this I'll just have to force her to listen to me. And to tell me what the hell is wrong with her I swear Rose had to come with an instruction manual.

I drove over to her house in such a rush. When I knocked on her door there was no sound. Knocking again this time louder the door finally opened.

"We need to..."

Looking at her from head to toe she looked like she's been run over by a bus. Her skin was pale and her hair messy from her sleep.

"Go away."

She motioned with her hand even in pajama shorts and a tank top she roused me up. I let myself in walking straight to her living room.