13. Blind to Love (Fluff/Angst)

Lance's Pov

"Lance?" Shiro's voice echoed in my mind. I opened my eyes but couldn't see anyone. I felt a burning pain in my eyes.

"Keith?! Hunk?! Shiro?! Pidge?! Why can't I see you?! Where is everyone?! I freaked out, yelling and waving my arms around myself to try to grasp onto my friends. I felt someone's hands grab onto mine and press them to their face, letting me determine who they were by touch. I knew it was Keith, it had to be. He pulled me into a hug.

"Shh, Lance. Calm down, it'll be okay," His voice was calm, but broken, and slowly, my breathing returning to a normal and steady rate. But I was still freaked out.

"Keith, what happened? Why can't I see you?" I asked, laying my head on my friends shoulder.

"I... I couldn't get to you in time. Haggar had shocked you with her magic... And has made it so you can't see who you love. She... I tried to save you, and I am so sorry Lance!" Keith cried, more tears falling onto my cheek. I pulled back and my own tear dripped down my cheek, mixing with his.

"Don't be sorry. I can... I can... Uhm. I can fight the magic! Coran might know how!" I say hopefully. I looked around but realized I was alone. All of my friends were invisible, but I could feel their presence.

The mustached man replied, "I do... But you..." He gulped, "You have to tell us all of your darkest secrets."

My eyes widened. I had to many dark secrets. My family... My depression, suicidal tendencies, my self harm... My sexuality... My crush. It was too much. I couldn't tell them all. Not without... They would kick me out of Voltron, hurt me... Kill me.

"Hunk... Something tells me... He isn't going to say anything... Get that truth fruit you found a while ago," Shiro ordered and I turned to where I thought he was.

"No! Y-You can't!" I screamed. Hunks receding footsteps paused, but continued a few seconds later. I felt arms wrap around my body, holding me still. I fought, screamed, and cried until Hunk returned. I had given up by then. They would know, and they would hate me for it. It wasn't my fault. I didn't ask to be shot with magic. I didn't want to tell anyone my secrets. But no, they were being forced out.

Someone grabbed my chin and pulled my lower jaw down, enough for another person to push a small piece of sweet smelling fruit into my mouth. The hand on my chin let go and moved to cover my mouth, to not let me spit out the fruit. I cried and began fighting.

"Relax, Lance. Just eat it," A small voice behind me said. Pidge. I hated that she had to see me like this. She was like my little sister. I fought even harder, shaking my head rapidly to get the hand off my mouth. The people surrounding me said nothing, just waited until I finally broke and simply chewed the fruit. When I swallowed, they uncovered my mouth but didn't release me. Instead, I was pulled into a bone-crushing bear hug by who I could only assume was Hunk.

"Hunk relax... I'm not okay..." SHIT! I meant to say I am okay!

"I think it's working..." Coran's voice was soft and sad. I frowned into my best friends shoulder. They couldn't possibly care about me. I was a nobody.

"Alright. Lets um... Lets get started. Lance, what is wrong? What's bothering you?"

I bit down harshly on my lip, not wanting to spill out my secrets. But I couldn't hold it. "Oh... Just my deep depression and suicidal tendencies. The fact I'm not good enough and that I've hated myself ever since I was a kid, because my parents often hurt my and even raped me. And I really don't want to say anymore..." A wave of tears rolled down my cheeks and into Hunk's shirt. Everything was silent for a moment.

"Lance... I am so sorry... And all the times we've yelled at you..." Shiro gasped.

"Lance we love you! You are amazing and funny and nice! You're always here for us, but it's time we need to be here for you!" Keith pitched in, slowly rubbing my shoulders. I looked up and noticed I could see feint outlines of my friends.

"I... You aren't going to hurt me?" My words sounded so broken, my voice weak and hurt from crying.

"No! Of course not! We love you! Lance... You are my best friend, I love hanging out with you!" Pidge's voice broke and I felt another pair of arms wrap around me.

"Lance... Can you see us?" Coran asked and I nodded. I willed myself not to talk because the second I did I would tell them no, and more secrets would be forced out. But my mouth still opened and the words tumbled off of my tongue.

"No, just outlines," I bit my lip, tasting blood and licked the rest away before anyone could see.

"You need to tell us more, Lance. We promise we won't hurt you," Allura kneeded.

"I... I'm bisexual... And I have a crush on K-Keit-th..." I mumbled quietly into Hunk's shoulder. I heard a few soft gasps, but no one tried to hurt me. Instead, all arms let go of me and I was turned around. My eyes were clenched shut. Someone softly placed their hand on my cheek and I screamed, expected a slap. I clenched my eyes shut, waiting for the harsh impact of Keith's hand but it never struck. My eyes widened slowly, and I gasped. Keith's face was inches from mine, and I could see him. I looked around wildly, noticing the grinning faces of my friends. I could see them!

I looked back to Keith. He smiled at me and closed the gap between our lips. My eyes widened but I slowly kissed back. When he pulled away, I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Lance. We all love you. Me more so, but... We all love everything about you. We could never hate you," Keith said and I smiled.

#LetLanceBeHappy