Rules of Earthly Calling

Aurora,  Amanda, and the carriage holding them arrived around noon on Earth. It plopped down out of the dimesional hole and right in front of their Father's house. 

Aurora looked out of the window and immediately saw where their mother must have lived. An extra bedroom jutted hafhazardly out of their house.

She sighed and her and her sister got out of the carriage. Their baggage was collected and dropped off in front of the door and several times in between, Aurora had to stop Amanda from exploring around and away.

Ding

Dong

Aurora rang the doorbell and waited.

Amanda shuffled her feet.

"Hey Rory...?"

"Yeah Mandy?"

"Will you go to school with me?"

"No. I'm going to high school and you are going to middle school."

"Awwwwwww." Amanda rested her chin on Aurora's shoulder. "But will you do my homework?"

"No."

"Oh come on, pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee?"

"No."

Just then the door opened, revealing Mrs. and Mr. Diaz.

"Abuela! Abuelo!" Amanda flung herself into Mr. and Mrs. Diaz's arms, receiving a multitude of hugs, kisses, and Mexican greetings/love remarks.

"Uhm...Hola!" Aurora hugged her grandparents, trying to watch Amanda at the same time to make sure she didn't break anything.

"Amanda! Don't touch tha-"

Amanda almost broke three different items in the house before smiling at her sister cheekily and running up the stairs. "I call Mom's room!"

Aurora started to run after her but was stopped by Mrs. Diaz. 

"Mija it's okay. We are prepared for her and for you. Now come to the kitchen and eat some nachos."

"Nachos? What are those?" Aurora asked whilst following her grandma to the kitchen.

"Dios Mio! Marco never told you about Nachos!!!? Star either!? Those kids I swear, alright I will teach you."

Aurora and her grandmom began to make the nachos, and as they were cooking Amanda came tumbling down the stairs, her hair frizzed up and shoes off.

"MMMM it smells so good! Like cheese and stuff. What're you guys makin'?"

"Food." Aurora deadpanned.

"Nachos, my sweet! Are you hungry?" Mrs. Diaz leaned onto the counter and smiled at Amanda.

Amanda nodded fervently. "Yes! I want nachos! What are nachos?"

"A very special food. It was your father's favorite to make and your mother's to eat. It surprises me that they didn't tell you about it."

"Well, the kitchen staff on Mewni doesn't cook very good things. Mom hasta tell them what to make. It's quite possible that they don't know how to make Nachos."

"Oh hmm," Mrs. Diaz nodded. "But even so, I'd assume your mother would have talked about them. They were her favorite..." She sighed.

Ding!

Mrs. Diaz pulled out the nachos from the oven and sat them on the counter.

Aurora and Amanda swapped a look of delight at the sight of the cheesy chips and immediately dug in.

30 seconds later they complained of burnt tongues and fingertips.

(Mrs. Diaz laughed hysterically through all of this)

Later that night, after both girls had showered and gotten ready for bed, they sat down and began to write letters to their friends and family. Aurora pulled out 4 empty papers and readied her pen. 

She turned and looked at Amanda, who was already furiously scribbling onto the paper. She sealed her first letter and then turned to Aurora.

"Can I use your Scissors? You know, to send this letter to Mom and Dad?" Aurora sighed. When Amanda had been born, with no cheekmarks, they were all skeptical of her use of magic. Would it work? Or would it not? Also, her scissors (and Cressida's) had repeatedly been told not to be used by others. Including your sisters. And then Star and Marco had exchanged a look the kids couldn't decipher.

"Uh, no Mandy. *Upon seeing her sister's crestfallen face* But I can open the portal for you!"

Amanda immediately brightened. She engulfed her sister in a ferocious hug. "Thanks, Rory!"

"Ya, you're welcome Mandy."

Aurora pulled out her scissors, (light blue with a sun near the claspy-thingy {you guys know what I'm talking about, right?} ) And slowly sliced the portal. It shone a bright blue, and on the other side, was Queen Star. Sitting at her desk, muttering, and what it seemed to be, signing papers.

Amanda looked at Aurora. Aurora knew she was about to do something bad. "Amanda Alica Butterfly-Diaz. You are not allowed to do what you want to do."

Amanda grinned.

"No."

She grabbed the letter and jumped into the portal. Then, after a gasp from Star, the portal collapsed onto itself and Amanda was back on Mewni. 

The door creaked open and Mr. Diaz stuck his head in. "Everything alright girls?"

Aurora nodded a bit too enthusiastically. "Oh yes yeah totally!"

"Where's Amanda?"

"Bathroom"

"Oh okay, well, tell her I said goodnight!"

Aurora waved, and realized that she was waving her scissors.

"Yes! I will!"

He shut the door and Aurora let out a sigh of relief. Now, she had to figure out how to get Amand back before Morning. She had school tomorrow.

Aurora held the scissors out at arm's length and tried to think of her mother.

She opened a portal

It wasnt right

She opened another

It wasnt right either.

After several tries to get her back, Aurora crashed onto her bed and took three deep breaths. Amanda would surely be safe. And Mom could easily send her back with her own scissors if there was any danger.

Yes

Amanda would be fine

Aurora got into bed, tucked herself in

And tried to think happy happy happy thoughts