Karate Dad

Amanda enrolls in Karate after finding A bunch of Karate trophies of her dads. She goes to the hut and finds Sensei, Marco's old teacher. He agrees to teach her. Amanda wants a black belt, but after some teaching she finds out that neither her dad or Sensei got a Black Belt. Amanda tries to find a true Black Belt. 

Mrs. and Mr. Diaz were spring cleaning. Stuck with them, Amanda's job was to sort the long lost possessions of her dad between treasures from junk. Amanda wasn't really the best for this job, because she found everything she discovered a treasure, having never seen it before. About 2/3 through her job, she found a small box covered in tape that said "Marco's stuff, DO NOT TOUCH STAR!" Amanda sniggered and opened it.

"What did you find Mija?" Mrs. Diaz asked.

"Oh! I haven't opened it yet, but  its stuff of Dads." Amanda began to pull things out of the box.

Mr. Diaz lumbered over too. "¿Que?"

"Amanda found something of Marco's!" He put his arm around her shoulders.

"Do you guys miss him?" Amanda asked, inspecting the weird dusty sculptures she had gotten out.

"Oh yes, we miss him all the time. But he is happy with Star and he has all of you. In his happiness, we find our happiness."

Amanda thought that sounded incredibly sappy and along the lines of 'yes, we miss him super terribly'

After wiping off most of the dust, Amanda realized they were trophies. Specifically in Karate.

"Whoa! These are so cool! Dad won all of these?"

Mr and Mrs Diaz nodded. "Oh yes, he absolutely loved karate. If you want, we could sign you up...do you want to learn karate?"

"Oh yes!" Amanda jumped up and hugged her grandparents. "I'd absolutely love to get involved with this!"

30 minutes later, she was getting driven to the dojo where Sensei still taught.

"Hello? Sensei?" Mrs. Diaz called into the foyer. A balding man with black hair and dressed in karate attire came out and bowed to them. Amanda bowed back.

"I am Sensei? Do you need help?"

"We'd like to enroll our granddaughter in your karate lessons please?"

"Oh sure!" He clapped his hands together and sat down onto the mat. "You can leave her here if you'd like. Her lessons can start now."

"But what about the cost?"

Sensei got up and began shooing Mrs. Diaz away. "Oh don't you worry Marco's mom, any child of his is free of charge with me."

"Oh are you sure? Because -"

He shut the door. "Okay, what's your name?"

"Princess Amanda Butterfly-Diaz, fourth in line for the throne of Mewni, and I-"

"Okay! Lets start!"

"Uh, okay."

over the next 2 hours, Amanda had excelled to a (green belt?) and was still fighting.

By the time she made it to a red belt, only 4 hours had passed and Amanda was still ready to fight.

"So, how am I doing?" She asked Sensei, barely sweating.

Sensei, who was audibly sweating, wiped his brow. "You are doing great young child of Marco. However, I cannot grant you the next level of belt. You are clearly ready though."

Amanda stopped practicing hitting things and let her hands drop to her sides. "Wait, why can't you give me a black belt? Dad got a black belt didn't he?"

Sensei took a gulp of water and then laid a moist hand on Amanda's shoulder. "I never received my black belt, I have been stuck on red. Because I was Marco's teacher, he too never recieved his black belt. I think I have a solution though. I'll tell you the plan and tomorrow when you come by, we shall execute it.

~ That night ~

"Aurora Aurora Aurora!!!" Aurora looked up from her homework and acknowledged her sister with a side hug. "Whats up, Mandy?"

"I need your phone!"

Aurora dug it out of her backpack. "Why?"

" I need to do something extremely important involving Dad."

"Kay," Aurora mumbled something about how stupid pre-calc was, then turned back to Amanda. "Don't break it, okay? I can't have anything broken again."

"Alright Alright!!' Amanda rang up her dad, Marco answering on the first ring

"Hey honey! Whats up?"

"Dad! I need you to come to Earth right away!"

Marco began running towards his bedroom with a panicked look on his face. "What happened is everything alright are you okay is Aurora okay are there monsters please tell me right n-"

"Jeez dad I'm fine, I only need you. We need to fight."

"Fight?" Marco stopped and frowned at Amanda.

"We fight at sundown. I'll explain when you get here."

"Oh, okay let me tell your mom and then I'll come."

"Great!" Amanda shut the phone and handed it back to Aurora with a smug expression. "Better get that interval notation done, Sis. You don't want to miss the fight of the century."

~ Sundown ~

*insert old western gun-fight music and the alternating stares of Marco and his  12 year old daughter, Amanda.*

"Are you ready?"

"I sure am."

Needless to say, Amanda totally creamed her dad, since he hadn't been fighting ever since Aurora was born, which made him 15 years rusty. Amanda had learned everything she needed to learn from this point over the course of the past 2 days. 

However, there was still the problem of how to get a black belt, since Sensei didn't exactly have one.

So Amanda made her own, and for extra measure, also made Marco one.