Part 2 of the Plan

Aurora breathlessly ran up the stairs. She was about to skid into her room when she spotted Amanda in their Mom's old room. 

She held Aurora's scissors in a defensive stance, her posture rigid, her arms straight out.

Aurora held her breath and clenched the doorframe.

Amanda shut her eyes tight and slowly dragged the scissors straight up.

Aurora watched as the portal shimmered light purple, swirling.

Amanda, her eyes light with possibility, began to step inside

Aurora felt her stomach swirl with anxiety at what could happen next. 

"WAIT AMANDA!" Aurora ran into the room and knocked the scissors out of Amanda's hands, letting them skitter across the floor. The portal zipped up and blinked away.

"Wh-, why did you do that?" Amanda was crying now, and Aurora felt bad. Maybe she had overreacted, but, she didn't know. "I was doing Magic, Rory. I was really doing it! And you ruined it." Aurora tried to hug Amanda but she side-stepped her and sat down on her bed.

Amanda lifted her now tear-streaked face. "I have magic. Just like you or anyone else. It doesn't matter that I don't have cheekmarks."

Aurora sat down next to her. "Magic. Very Magical indeed, little sis. It really doesn't matter who has cheekmarks or not. I mean, look at Dad!"

Amanda laid her head on Aurora's shoulder. "Sorry I stole your scissors."

Aurora ruffled her hair. "Any time. But just you. Don't tell Luna or Cressie, kay?"

Amanda smiled. "Okay."

Aurora stood up, smoothed her blue dress and held out a hand for her sister. Amanda took it and got up too.

"Okay, what is your plan?"

Amanda laughed.

"We need Axel."

                                                                                               ⇹

Aurora didn't know much about Axel. Only that he had been Amanda's best friend since diapers and from what she'd seen, welllllll, their friendship was majorly shippable (yes, Aurora shipped them hardcore).

So Aurora opened the portal, and Amanda stepped inside. Then, Aurora stepped inside.

It was boys room. 

There was one wall that seemed to be scorched. Another painted Black, one was covered in pictures, and the next looked like someone was painting it.

She almost lost sight of Amanda, who had just darted through the room without looking at anything.

"AXEL!" Aurora heard the scream of delight before she saw her sister pressing herself up against a gangly dark-skinned demon. {He'll be the next character chapter....Ill explain more later}

Axel hugged Amanda back ferociously. Aurora was more than half sure that her plan to use Axel for whatever way to get her phone back was just a ruse so that she could spend more time with him.

Aurora approved tremendously.

They finished hugging and Amanda grabbed Aurora by the arm tightly. "This is Aurora! My eldest sister although Cressie always likes to pretend she's the oldest, haha well anyways have you guys met?"

"Yeah, I think so. A couple times at your mother's birthday parties and at the Stump Day party I think."

Amanda looked ready to explode she was so exuberant. "Great!!!"

Aurora and Axel awkwardly embraced.

"Well okay now that intros are done, Aurora needs your help!" Amanda squealed.

Axel rolled his eyes. "Of course, the only reason you wanted me to come over was for a favor, huh? Don't you want to see me too?" He tried to blink sadly.

Amanda laughed and blinked "sadly" back at him. "Right, yes of course Mr. Poor Me. I'm the one who is always asking for favors?"

Axel guffawed. "Okay, Okay, what can I solve for you now, Miss Cream-puff."

"Right, okay well my sister got her phone taken away by a teacher. I was wondering if you could just I dont know, get her into the school so she could grab it?"

Axel frowned. "Can't she just use her magic scissors?"

Amanda frowned right back. "She could but that wouldn't be fun."

"But me popping her into school and out again is?"

Amanda took his arm. "Axel, come on, pleeeeeeeeease??? For me?"

Axel shook his head.

 "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease???"

Aurora wished he'd just say yes.

"Fine. But I am going to come too as part of the covert operation."

Amanda threw her arms around Axel. "Oh thank you!"

                                                                                                      ⇹

Aurora, Axel, and Amanda arrived at Echo Creek Academy 

They snuck slowly Aurora's teachers' room.

"Hey so where exactly is your phone?" Amanda whispered. She looked around and noted the shadows that crept through the halls.

Axel sat down.

Aurora frowned. "It should be in my teachers' room....but,...I don't know where that is...Uhm,"

Axel sighed heavily. "This is super duper boring. Can't you just use your wand to summon your phone?"

Aurora hadn't thought of that. "I could try, but, I don't know any spells yet."

"Well I want to get out of here."

Aurora took her wand out of her small knapsack/purse and aimed it down the hallway.

Amanda watched with glee. 

Aurora looked at her, her face filled with apprehensiveness. "How do I do it? I don't know any summoning spells!"

Amanda practically flew off the ground. She went over to Aurora and put a hand on her shoulder. "Just think of something that rhymes and summons. It worked for Mom. A simple couplet will probably do."

Aurora nodded and tried to focus.

"Bring me what I need now,

My mirrorphone, ... not, a uhm..."

"Cow?" Amanda yelled out.

A blast of gold light shot out of the wand and snaked through the hallway. Axel and Amanda ran off after it, and Aurora stared at her wand. 

Maybe she'd be good at all this magic stuff.

After a few moments, the golden glow faded and Amanda and Axel came barreling down the hall with Aurora's phone. 

Amanda handed it to her. "We did it!"

They high-fived/fist-bumped.

And then Aurora saw the Janitor coming around the corner.

"Guys Run!"

Aurora grabbed Amanda and Amanda grabbed Axel and together they fled to the entrance before realizing Axel was the one who had gotten them in.

Within seconds they were outside, laughing.

A job well done