Chapter 1.0

Chao Cheng woke up and then looked around. He was in a dark room. He stood up and tried walking away from the darkness. He looked for something, anything to remove the darkness. But as he walked and walked, he noticed something.

    There was no end to the darkness, it was as if his sense of sight was blocked and only the icky darkness can only be seen. Chao Cheng grew scared at the thought of never ending darkness. Panicked, he ran around and tried to touch anything that was there. But his fingers only passed through air.

    Scared and confused, Chao Cheng started to cry and thought about his family. How was his family. Were they okay. The questions started circling around his mind and he became more worried and scared. Chao Cheng waited if anybody could find him.

    In a blink of an eye, Chao Cheng had already waited for years in the black room. At the first year, he was always at one spot waiting for someone. Second year, he ran around shouting for help. Third year, he sat down and clutched his head and only stayed there, his eyes blank and lifeless. And so Chao Cheng waited there like a broken doll in an attic. Waiting to be found and fixed to be played again.

    On a certain time, a white thing suddenly emerged from the darkness. The white thing that was shaped like a ball was moving at a fast speed towards Chao Cheng. While Chao Cheng was only sitting there recalling the memories of the times with his family and childhood. How they were still complete. The white thing spotted Chao Cheng and moved faster to him.

    Chao Cheng didn't notice the thing as his eyes was closed totally emersed from his memories. And he was shocked when a voice suddenly  called out to him.

    "Host? Host? It is I, Sytem A14 ready for duty." The system mock saluted to his host and was waiting for his host's face to be filled with awe and worship.

    Chao Cheng raised his lifeless eyes to the system. His eyes brightened as he thought he could finally escape from this never ending abyss of darkness. His wait had finally paid through, someone or something did find him. He was scared of the loneliness and darkness.

    A certain system was satisfied as he looked as his host's excited face. He thought arrogantly that he totally deserved that excitement. He was satisfied with his host. He thought of the other systems and their hosts and shuddered. It was either their host was cold and ruthless. Or they wanted to eat their systems in a way.

    Chao Cheng waited for the system to continue. His thoughts was in chaos. He wanted to be away from this place now.

    "I am a system that was advised by the lord God to help the pitiful you. You know about those novels that talk about transmigiration and such?" The system asked.

    Chao Cheng stared and shook his head. How could he have known this novels, he was either busy with work  or school then. He didn't had time to read unnecessary things. He was always worried for his family. He didn't even had time for his few friends that he made.

    "Well they are real, and as a system I am know as 'Change the Cannon Fodder System' Yes you are less than cannon fodder in these worlds. You are only be known as a passerby. The worlds are divided by E, D, C, B, A, and S difficulty. The higher the difficulty the harder it is to complete, but the points will be more. The points are a must need to access the system store. The system store have various things in there and even could be used to learn something." The system chattered endlessly.

    "And finally your job is to help the cannon fodder in these worlds to change their fates. Because the lord God noticed how pitiful their roles are. Even I this mighty system pity them. Their roles are either used as a stepping stone to success or to cultivalte the feelings between the male lead and female lead."

    "If you fail at one world the punishment would be the eradication of your soul. Do you accept or not?"

    Chao Cheng nodded hurriedly. His eyes wide with hope.

    "Okay then unto the first world!" The system excitedly said and then their figure blurred and vanished from the dark room.

-------------------------------------------------------------

System A14 looks like this in his real from: