Chapter 1.7

Yes Yun Zhang, was also one of the reasons why He Fai wanted to work at this hospital. He had his one and only friend Yun Zhang here.

Him and Yun Zhang had met for the first time, here in this hopital. When he was left here all alone, after him being treated he was led by his uninjured hand to a room for rest. And he saw him there.

Yun Zhang as a child, was very serious. He was always studying and strived to be the top in his school. He was serious at most times and already had learned how to make his face more stern looking as he wanted others to be always be serious to him. He studied hard because he wanted to follow in his dad's footsteps.

Their family although rich, they never were arrogant and was always humble to people. His father was living proof, he came from a rich family but the hospital he worked in was only a small one.

With his qualifications he could work in any hospital he wanted, but he picked this one.

When he asked his father why, his father had said then, 'Yun Zhang even though we are rich, we should never act arrogant around with people, as they only had different circumstances in life.'

'Why I work here in this hospital? Well simple, you were born here.'

He was confused and bewildered,he had never thought that he was born here.

His father explained more to him, 'Your mother's water suddenly broke and she was pretty far from the hospital that we used to always go in.'

'So she hailed a cab and told the driver to go to the nearest hospital. And which is here. If it wasn't for this hospital there would have problems in your birth birth. She could endanger her life and yours'

'So I worked here so I can repay them. I couldn't image losing you or your mother.' His father finished telling his story and had this faraway look in his eyes. As if he was reminiscing of the memories before.

He had inherited the fine genes of his mother and father. Hewas already thirteen and with his looks and height, he was futured to be a handsome guy.

In their school he was known as the 'Cold Prince' and many girls had crushes on him already.

Yun Zhang was always confessed to by a girl almost every day of the week. And of course he always rejected them, he thought how it was illogical for those girls to have already developed crushes at such a young age.

When Yun Zhang heard the door open he furrowed his eyebrows. He looked at the clock and narrowed his eyes. He exclaimed in his head, 'His dad was still busy so who was it?'

So when he turned his head to look at the door, he noticed a child who looked to be younger than him. The child was small and looked to be exceptionally cute.

The child was looking at the furniture around the room with wide eyes as if he just seen something new. The child looked to be funny to look at, so he chuckled loudly. As soon as the the child heard the laugh he turned his head, teary eyed at the person.

Yun Zhang stifled his laugh with a cough. He hid his smile behind his hands. The child still looking wide eyed at Yun Zhang. The child crossed his uninjured hand at his chest, trying to look threatening. The child narrowed his eyes, 'Hmp I'll fight you'

But when Yun Zhang saw that, he only looked like a provoked kitten, trying to look threatening but looked extremely cute instead.

Yun Zhang's stern face softened as he continued looking at the child.

"Hi I'm Yun Zhang." He offered his hans to the child while saying so. But the child just narrowed his eyes even more and ignored him. The child distrusted people.

Seeing that the child didn't respond to him, he slowly put his hands to his side. He observed the child, he didn't know why he was enjoying himself with this child. He felt that the aura he was giving off was soothing and relaxing that made his defenses go down.

So he just looked at the child one more time and continued reading. But he secretly taking glances here and there at the child.

The child He Fai thought that the person was reading and walked closer. He was interested in what he was reading. Even though books was a rarity for him, he always wanted to get his hands on one.

He Fai as a child was always curious of many things so he peeked at the boy and walked closer until he could finally see the title on the book, 'History of the World.'

When He Fai saw the title he immediately sat on the couch that Yun Zhang and also tried to read.

When Yun Zhang saw that He Fai finally came close to him, he smiled gently. His eyes gentle. And that sparked their friendship.

As He Fai stayed in the hospital to recuperate. Yun Zhang would always find the time to visit him. He Fai acted displeased by this, but inwardly he was humming in joy.

This lasted until He Fai's broken arm had healed, He Fai at the last day was crying tears of sadness. He was unwilling to leave his newly found
friend.

He would go back to the orphanage again, that hateful place. Yun Zhang was also unwilling to leave his newly found friend either. He would go back to his monotonous lifestyle of always studying.

So He Fai ran into Yun Zhang's arms and cried there a lot. His tears wetting the shirt that Yun Zhang was wearing but Yun Zhang didn't care. He tightened his grip on the hug.

"Pinky promise you'll still be here when I grow up?" He Fai looked up with his teary eyes and held out his pinky.

"Pinky promise" Yun Zhang solemnly replied. Of course he would be here. This is where he would like to work also.

    And that was the end of their newly found friendship. He Fai went back to the orphanage, and Yun Zhang went back to studying. And they didn't meet again until many years later.

    Which is what is happening now. When He Fai sees this man his face would immediately lit up with joy, as if the original He Fai was transferring his feelings to him.

    He Fai tried to calm his expression, but he failed. He was full blown smiling, and his eyes were sparkling. It was as if there were falling flowers descending from the sky as he smiled.

   Yun Zhang seeing the smile of He Fai, his usual stern expression softened as he smiled too. It had been a year when He Fai started working here, but as he was always busy with the other patients. He only had a few opportunities to meet him. Even though the hospital was small it was highly popular.

    As Yun Zhang grew older, his looks became more evident and mature. And as he also grew, his aura became even more colder. He was like an immortal that descended from the heavens.   

   Yun Zhang always wanted a younger brother for him to pamper to but as his mother almost died from giving birth to him, his father was scared what would happen next.

    That was why he would treat He Fai as a younger brother, with He Fai's looks he certainly would be the perfect younger brother.

    Yun Zhang came closer, "Let's eat lunch later."

    He Fai nodded and continued walking to his station. He waved goodbye and walked to the cafeteria.

    "System, what happened? Why couldn't I control myself earlier." He Fai asked worriedly. He also wondered where the original soul went. Was the original soul erased from existence? He grew scared of this thought.

     "He Fai's feelings was strong enough that you felt what felt he felt. And no, the original soul wasn't erased from existence. His soul went through the cycle of reincarnation and was given a better life." The system said to He Fai.

    "System, can you read my thoughts?" He Fai looked at his system's bun like body and scratched his head.

    "No, host your face told so. You are like an open book." The system rolled his bun eyes and went to sleep.

     He Fai sighed with relief. That was weird if the system could.

__________________

     As the day continued, as noon was coming, a young man could be seen walking from room to room working hard.