Chapter 1.5

As Feng Hua was in the middle of going home, the bliss of winning was now starting to fade. He vaguely remembered something, or more importantly someone.

    He slapped his head as he had forgotten He Fai, he was waiting for him all alone on the big dark stadium. Even worse it was night already. He could already imagine scenes of He Fai being kidnapped and shipped to other countries.

    He shook his head at the dark thoughts, and so he swiveled his car around and hurriedly went back. He parked his car and looked for him. He turned his head left and right and couldn't find him.

    'He must have already left,' thought Feng Hua. He comforted himself that he must have safely came home already. But it didn't lessen the ache that was starting to form in his heart. He felt like he had missed a big opportunity. His instincts told him so, and he always trusted his instincts.

    The wind breezed as the night continued so Feng Hua returned home still wondering what opportunity he missed.

    On the other hand, He Fai was still walking, it was night and where he was at didn't have any taxis or anything. So he looked for a more populated place.

    He Fai thought of the mission and asked the system, "System?" The system answered with a barely hearable 'Hmm?'

    "Is changing someone's fate hard?" He Fai asked. He had been thinking about this for awhile now. He thinks that changing someone's fate is really hard. As the future was ever changing, with each choice a person makes a consequence or a whole new reality is born out of it.

    The system when he heard this, looked at He Fai with ridicule in his eyes, "Of course changing someone's fate is hard, the Lord God wouldn't have made me if it was easy."

    The system's bun head shook as he thought that his host wasn't that smart. He heard that the other systems host was too overpowered. But they were all ice blocks and hungry for power. Or some of them found lovers in their mission world and was reluctant to leave.

    If He Fai knew what the system's thoughts were he would've been very angry and would give him to the wolves.

     "Oh okay," He Fai mumbled,as he continued walking. He was glad and angry at the same time. He was glad that the system was made so he can experience these things, but he was also slightly angry from his attitude.

    He Fai finally arrived on a more populated area and hailed a taxi. He got in and said his address to the driver and drove away.

    He Fai arrived and went up the stairs, the apartments was still quiet, the tenants must have been busy with their jobs or something.

    He unlocked his door and went in, seeing the monotonous room he sighed and went to sleep.

    He Fai was having a dream, in his dream he was hanging out with his family, they were having family time which was rare when it happened as both him and his mom were always busy.

    But the downside with his dream was their faces were blurry. They were all enjoying the day in their simple home. His brother was carrying his little sister around his neck, and his little sister was having the time of his life. He was screaming in joy. The laughter was all he could hear in the room.

    His mom was sitting down on a chair just watching the two. Her face was blurry but he could sense the person's smile. While him in the dream was cooking for them. He was cooking their favorites as he had just received his pay.

    But the dream suddenly took a dark turn, he was then back in the dark room, shivering from the darkness. He saw his family grieving for his death. They were crying on his grave.

    "Why? You were still too young" His mom had said. She was kneeling down on his coffin, tears running down her blurry face.

    While his little brother was also crying for him, "If you just had said that you were too tired, I could have simply worked alongside you." His brother had a face of utmost sadness. He was excited of the prospect of finishing school so he could be the one, who would earn and take care of his family. But now that his brother was gone what was the use.

    His little sister although always cheerful was confused but felt that the atmosphere was sad, "Why are guys crying? Big bro is simply just there right?! Right?!" His little sister couldn't accept the fact that his big bro was gone. And was hysterical at the loss.

   "I'm here, I'm here!" He shouted through the darkness but was unheard as he was trapped there. Watching his family grieve for him. He was helpless at the situation. He knew that working too hard was his fault. But he wanted his family too be happy. He didn't want to feel useless like his father.

    His father that made mom pregnant in her teens that's why she couldn't have a nice job. His dad that didn't work hard and simply wasted her earnings away. His dad that left them at the night for a rich lady. He was sick of being poor, but it was his fault all his fault.

    'Why does everything that happens to me always in the darkness' He Fai thought as he was screaming his grievances at the dark.

    Dark here, dark there, dark everywhere. Darkness with every inch where his eyes could see. Was he destined to be in the darkness? Can he also change his fate?

    The questions all flitted through his mind, the darkness was slowly trapping him. It slipped through every corner of his body. He felt the most excruciating pain that he had ever felt. No, it wasn't the physical pain, it waa the emotional one. As words hurt more than the pain.

    After a few minutes of the pain throughout his body, he woke up. He woke up with sweat all over his body, he was gasping for air. As he recalled his dream he shivered again. What triggered his dream? He Fai thought. It must have been how he was left behind by Feng Hua.

    His right hand was clutching his chest, his heart still felt uncomfortable, but he calmed his nerves down as the time ticked.

    'Is this how my family felt when I left them?' He Fai asked himself. The pain was simply too much. He just waited there trying to fall asleep.

    On the next day, He Fai walked to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror, he had dark circles below his eyes, as he didn't sleep a wink last night. He was afraid that he would have a dream like that again. He was more pale than usual, with how white his skin was. The dark circles was prominent on his face.

    He turned the faucet on and washed his face. He was hungry, as he had been awake the whole night. He went to the kitchen and cooked more than usual.

    He cooked eggs and bacon. With the rice in tow. He ate his breakfast like a ravenous beast. He ate like there was no tomorrow, he was eating so he could forget his troubles away.

    He made a vow, he would be friendly to Feng Hua a little. Even thought he was given another chance. He simply could not think of leaving them behind as once his family was.

    When he finished, he putted his plate on the kitchen sink and washed it. He was absent minded as he washed his plate.

    The system who was looking out for his host, was worried. He wouldn't want a depressed host so he floated down inch by inch. And landed on top of his host's head. He just laid there without saying anything.

    When He Fai felt the system's bun body on top of his head, his heart warmed a little. At least he wouldn't be alone like he was in the darkness. He had his system with him everywhere he would go.

    As the rays of the sun descended on to the world, it flashed past the window of a certain apartment room, it illuminated the young man there, his smile cheerful as was his aura too. His eyes were sparkling and could melt any person's problems away. The scene was unbelievable but it was unfortunate as they were the only people there.