Chapter 1.9

The girl's name was Hui Bo, as a person who grew up from the slums she had learned to be thrifty and wise. As the oldest child in a family of 5, her family held a lot of expectations from her.

     Even as young as 4 years old, she had already tried to read and write. She really strived to her very best. She didn't care what others would think about her.

     Whenever there were children playing, she was alienated from the rest. They thought she was weird and scary. But no, she was just drawing on the pavement words and all that.

     She really spent her time wisely, after the second child was born when she was still 5. Her parents shifted their attention to him. The child was a boy, and they thought that he would be the one to make their lives successful. They believed that he was the heir. He was the one that will bring good luck.

     She as a child was confused, her parents had abandoned her. They didn't even cared for her like that when she was a child. She was jealous, jealous of his younger brother.

      So she worked even harder, harder than all the rest. She wanted to prove to her family she was worth it. But no, after she was 7 another child was born. She had the looks of an angel, so they spoiled her what their small money could bring.

     Hui Bo was abandoned even more. Her being at the top meant nothing to them. They simply treated her as air. She wanted to be noticed, so she would always study hard.

      But they didn't notice her. Her younger brother and sister had all the attention. They were the perfect siblings, and she, she was the ugly duckling.

     As her younger brother and sister grew older, anything they would do, her parents would be proud of them.

      Her parents' careers grew more and more successful. They went from the slums to a more normal neighborhood.

    So with the new location, the both of them took advantage of it. And made themselves popular.

     The both of them were still at a young age, but both of them had already dreamt of a much more promising future.

     So they grew popular from and had friends who wanted to be in the spotlight with them. The both of them used their looks to their advantage and won over many hearts of the students and even the teachers.

    The two of them would always not pass their assignments and projects but they still passed because they were the 'prince and princess' of the school. They both represented the image of the school. They would always wear the latest fashion brands and the like. With their parents' meager income it wasn't enough but they tried their best to give it to them.

     They simply didn't care how both of their parents worked hard for it. But it was as if their parents were masochists, even if they knew they didn't have money they would always give, give, give.

     But they weren't content with that, they wanted to go to a famous academy.

     They had already forgotten Hui Bo, the always top student Hui Bo. As Hui Bo was already at the high school level in her education. She had already understood that her parents wouldn't care about her.

     She was separated from her siblings as she was already at highschool, and they were still elementary.

     But she knew that they were popular, her siblings wouldn't stop blabbering how popular, and this and that.

    Hui Bo was at her usual place, she was studying in the library. She stood up and went to a book shelf. She skimmed her fingers on the books. And she reached to the far back of the shelf as she was looking for something.