Chapter 22~ Happier?

A//n: Hey nerdies!!!

Here's a smol chapter with a massive Ed Sheeran sort of reference because I'm a sheerio and that's what we do. Also, might not be great because it's an old draft I wrote ages ago and SOMEONE *cough cough* StxrAlex (HOE) *cough cough* kept me up all night so I'm like almost asleep rn, but I hope it'll do.

Also I'm basically being picked on for liking fob and p!atd but y'know what, fuck society and their judgement.

"Hey..." Greeted Phil.

"Hi." Replied Dan, not looking up.

"What are you doing?"

"Playing piano."

Yeah, no shit Sherlock.

He ran his hands across the keys again.

Phil winced. Funny, thought Dan he doesn't seem like he's drunk that much.

"At least play some actual music; my head absolutely kills."

"Fine."

Dan thought for a while, before returning his hands to the keys. Happier, by Ed Sheeran. It expressed how he felt brilliantly. After a while, he began to sing along. (A//n: I would suggest that you go listen to happier right now or at least Google the lyrics, so you know what this whole thing actually means.)

At the end of the song, Phil felt a silent, salty tear roll down his cheek.

"Good enough?"

Phil nodded, tears now streaming down his face.

Dan turned around. "Oh, come here, you spork."

He wrapped his arms around him and held him tight.

"I meant every word of that, you know."

Phil looked up.

"I thought you didn't love me anymore." He replied, voice cracking slightly.

"I will always love you. You might move on, but I will never. I can't just leave behind the person who took the dark tunnel that was my life, painted it with rainbows, and sprinkled it with glitter."

He smiled as he said it, but tears were forming in his eyes too.

Phil felt his eyes well up again.

Dan took his face in his hand and caressed it.

"I love you too," Phil replied.

"But - what about your boyfriend?"

"We broke up. It was for the best. We both knew it wasn't going to work out."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I know someone I want more than him."

Dan raised his eyebrows. "And who might that be?"

Phil chuckled. "Not telling. I think you already know."

"Do I now?" Dan answered with a yawn.

"You should get some sleep."

"Mhm, see you then."

Dan yawned again, standing up and walking to bed.

"Night," he shouted.

Dan went to sleep, leaving his bedroom door open a crack, a sliver of light illuminating part of his face. He slept peacefully, his face an image of pure tranquility.

Phil was about to go to bed too, when he passed Dan's door.

He stuck his head round the door and gazed at the beautiful image in front of him.

He couldn't resist.

He tiptoed over to Dan's bed and planted a kiss on his forehead, with a whisper:

"I love you so much."

He left the room silently and went into his own.

A//n: was that ok?

I hope you're happy with how this is going now.

You didn't think I'd keep Phan apart, did you?

Anyways yes, it was at a socially acceptable time for once, are you proud?

See you on Sunday :)

Awesome nerds:

XGabrieleX
TomTheDrunk
StxrAlex
user77439583
thedustydaisy
Ishtar96
absisgay

Luv you all xx

                                                          <3