The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(7)

It was already Saturday which only meant tonight was the Senior Banquet. To our surprise everyone was going, except for me. No one invited me, I guess every Senior that wasn’t in the game was too scared to speak to me.

 Gabriela was able to score a date with William Lee; that way she could keep and eye on Olive. We decided to meet at my house; I hide brand new dresses that had never worn. I thought this would be a good dance for my babies-dresses- to get worn.

“I still think what you did was harsh,” Olive said to me, as we all stared at Alejandro as he cut the grass from the backyard.

I rolled my eyes. All I did was tell him the truth; I wasn’t going to forgive him. He called me a bitch and he thinks with flowers and an honest confession was enough. He was wrong; he needed to do something better than that, but knowing how he is he just gave up trying.

“Admit it though; what he did was sweet.” Demi responded, curling her hair.

“He isn’t sweet, he is the devil with abs and a nice ass,” I scoffed.

Gabreila laughed. “You’re just something else Juliana.” She mocked me.

I shrugged, turning back my attention to Alejandro. He was shirtless and his pants were half way down his butt. If it was another guy I saw doing that I would’ve probably had said something, but because you usually don’t see the guy you hate dripping in sweat, I was trying to enjoy the moment.

“So you’re just going to ignore him?” Olive asked me, as she applied her make-up.

I nodded; the more I ignored him the easier it would be for me. I would go back to my normal life, changing jackets and dealing with these stupid players. But while Alejandro sticks around, my life it will only turn more chaotic.

“You know have you ever thought maybe you not speaking to him will make him want you more?” Demi brought up the question, suddenly.

“I think he gave up already. I thought by now he would’ve asked me to the Senior Banquet but rumor has it he is taking Yavanna.” I muttered, giving him a quick glance.

I wasn’t annoyed he didn’t invite me to the Senior Banquet; I didn’t even want to go, but he could’ve at least tried to ask me. Yeah, I basically dissed him two days ago, but come on he called me a bitch! I was just being honest, but he just decided to blur out something hurtful.

“Well she is his ex-girlfriend,” Gabriela told us, quietly.

We all stopped what we were doing, looking at her stunned. Yavanna was Alejandro’s ex-girlfriend? How didn’t I know about this? Everybody always said Alejandro didn’t date girls; he wasn’t that type of guy.

“What do you mean ex-girlfriend?” I asked her, curiously.

Gabriela put down her white dress, giving us her full attention. “Yeah, they dated for three years I think. If not less.” She explained to us.

“Yavanna and Alejandro went to my middle school I guess they started dating there, but when we entered Roosevelt they weren’t together anymore,”

Thinking it thoroughly it made sense; that would explain why Alejandro is always messing with her during class. Why I would always find them kissing, they secretly still loved each other.

“So the player actually has a heart?” Olive said, confused.

“I suppose so.” I whispered, getting lost in my own thoughts.

So Alejandro had a secret love, then why was he going after me? Yavanna compared to me was a super model. Her brown blondish hair, tanned skin, model body, had nothing to compete with me.