The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(16)

I sighed taking Alejandro's hands off of me, taking a step to the side, I gave him a look. If I could like him again I would, but inside I knew it wouldn't be possible. Just to have him by my side I would drop the little game I'm playing and just let him like me, but I can't force myself to be with him. I can't do it, I don’t feel anything for him.

"For tonight can we not bring anything that has to do with you liking me?" I asked him, quietly rubbing my arm.

Alejandro nodded. "Sorry."

"Don't be, I'm finally having a good time and I don't want to ruin the feeling." I explained.

Alejandro wiped his hands with the cloth, nodding. "Understandable. How about I finish cooking here and you can start the fire place? The house gets cold easily and the heat contracts with the coldness," He responded, grabbing the vegetables and dough from the counter.

In his voice I could hear the disappointment and I didn't blame him to be. I was having a good time and I had even forgotten about him liking me, then he had to say it. Playing him was getting harder each day, because maybe just maybe I could be wrong about him.

I walked into the living room grabbing firewood from the container; placing some of the firewood in it I set a piece of paper on fire. I watched as the paper sizzled and how soon enough the wood was burning up. It made me think about the night Ale set his jacket on fire, it had to be the craziest thing he had done. Who would’ve thought he would actually give it up and try to be a different person.

"Do you want coke, water, wine, beer, or orange juice to drink?" Ale screamed from the kitchen.

"Orange juice!" I responded, keeping my eyes on the fire.

I heard him chuckle. "Are you sure? There's wine and it's not strong either," He tried to convince me to drink a little but I had to keep my head screwed on tight tonight. I didn't want something to happen I might regret later.

"Thanks but I'll pass tonight I have to take my medicine and I can't be intoxicated." I replied, laughing softly.

A few minutes later he came into the living room with a glass of orange juice. He hands it to me staring at the fireplace.

"You actually did it right," He said shocked.

I gave him a weird look while taking a sip of my orange juice. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him, raising a brow.

"Nothing I just thought maybe you wouldn’t know how to turn on a fireplace," He teased me.

"I'm not dumb you know?" I rolled my eyes.

He walked away from me laughing. "I never said you were!"

**

I stayed a while in the living room warming up, when I heard the stove ring I knew the food was ready. I grabbed my orange juice walking back into the kitchen. Ale had a knife cutting up the large pizza up, when he saw me come in he smiled, continuing to cut up the pizza.

"Damn player I have to give you props you know how to cook!" I said, taking a bite out of the pizza.

For a guy he sure knew how to cook, I thought his breakfest were amazing, but I was wrong. The pizza he had made was delicious, I had never tasted a pizza so rich and tasty before. He rolled his eyes as he took a big bite of his pizza.

"I fed myself I had to learn to cook!"

I swallowed down my food before speaking. "But I'm sure you didn't learn on your own. Mindy must have taught you too." I responded.