Chapter 4

~The Past~

    I woke up in a jail cell and saw that someone was staring at me while I was sleeping.

    "Are you having fun watching me sleep?" I asked.

    "Yes but I will be having more fun when you go through the king." The guard said.

    "Oh my god I get to go through the king!" I said. "Great."

    "He won't like your attitude."

    "I probably won't like his face but I can't do anything about it." I said.

    "I'll take it from here." King George said. "Many people have wanted you dead for a long time."

    "I feel so special, thank you." I said.

    "You're making this very hard." He said.

    "I always do." I said.

    "Now you have a choice. We can either do this the hard or easy way." He said.

    "I guess the easy way." I said. I put my hands out and he hit it with a hammer. "What the bloody hell."

    "We're going with the hard way." He said.

    "But.." He opened the cell door and handcuffed my hands together. He kicked my knee so I would fall on the floor.

    "I want you to pay for everything you have done, so we are going to go on a field trip." He said.

    "Oh fun." I said.

    "And I don't want you to talk at all." He said.

    "Well that's hard to do." I said. He put a cloth in my mouth and I started to scream, "Now that is so much better."

    King George started to walk me over to a field with thousands of people. I saw an opportunity and a tripped George and started running, but his guards caught me.

    "I guess now you're going to get punished for trying to run." King George said whispering in my ear. I elbowed him in the stomach to give him the message. "You keep on making these terrible decisions my dear."

    He took the cloth out of my mouth for a second, "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit."

    "Are you going to behave?"

    "Not going to lie, probably not."

    "At least you were being honest." He said. He took me over to the field where people were waiting. "Everyone you've been waiting to get back at the person who took from your family. Well now you can get revenge for them."

    He pushed me in front of everyone, "Everyone get in line to hit Winter."

    They did what he said. One by one everyone came up to punch or kick me. Which some hurt more than others, but I didn't let them see when I was hurting. I saw someone familiar to me, Charming. He was Snow White's "boyfriend", I think.

    "Charming you don't have to do this." I whispered.

    "But I do." He said. He punched me leaving me to fall on the ground.

    They did this for hours and hours, my face was bleeding and I was in pain everytime I moved. The king wasn't done yet so he made this a two day thing.

    He threw me back into the cell, "Tomorrow will be a better day."

~

    It has been weeks since I was first put into the cell. Everyday I get up and I have to do whatever the king says, or else I get a even worse punishment. He certainly wants this to be my own personal hell. I'm very weak and I can barely move without being in constant pain. I saw a shadow coming towards me.

    "Oh great the day is about to start." I said.

    "No, it is just me." Charming said.

    "Charming?" I asked. "Am I dreaming because I seriously can't take another day here."

    He opened up the door and helped me up, "Your burning up. Lets go get you help."

    "Thank you." I said.

    "It is my way of saying I'm sorry for not helping weeks ago."

    "You punching me weeks ago was especially touching." I said.

    "What do you mean?"

    "You were a part of it."

    "No, I wasn't." Charming said. "I'm guessing it was James."

    "James?" I asked.

    "My twin brother."

    "Oh that makes sense." I said. I heard guards coming. "We better go."

~

    "Where are we going?" I asked.

    "Rumplestiltskin told me to bring you to him." Charming said.

    "Oh, you're going to listen to him?" I asked.

    "Winter, you look awful. You need magic." He said.

    "Thanks." I said. I sighed, "I can see what Snow sees in you."

    "You know Snow?" He asked.

    "She's my sister." I said.

    "Oh, sorry I didn't realize she had a sister."

    "It's okay. Not a lot of people realize it." I said. "Can we just go faster please?"

    "Sure." He said.

~

    "Hey, dearie." Rumplestiltskin said. "Bring her to me."

    "Okay." Charming said. "Don't hurt her."

    "I won't." Rumplestiltskin said. "It looks like someone already hurt her."

    "Thanks." I mumbled.

    "What hurts?" Rumple asked.

    "Everything." I said. He felt my forehead, "David can you put her on that bed, please."

    "If you need anything, you'll know where I will be." Charming said.

    "I will thank you." I said. "Tell my sister I say hi."

    "I will."

~The Present~

    "Having fun?" Pan smirked.

    "Actually I am." I said. His smirked faded. "Pan, I have been on my actual death bed. A cage is nothing compared to what I have gone through."

    "Winter, you will wish you never crossed me."

    "Pan, you won't break me because I was already broken. I've been through it all. You can't scare a rock let alone me." I said. "So just stop."