Chapter 9

~The Past~

He threw me into the jail cell and locked the door. I could hear people laughing in the distance, people have wanted me locked up for years. I guess this is what I deserve. I have been locked up for weeks before the hearing, and of course everyone agreed that I need to be hanged for my crimes. Come on that is a little bit harsh but still. I haven't eaten in weeks and you can start to see my bones through my skin. They still give me water but they give me tiny cups a day, but enough to keep me alive of course. I have to keep on reminding myself that I have gone through worse but everytime I look at myself I see what they have done to me. They have branded the word thief on my left arm. It still bleeds on occasion but not as bad as it used to. Everytime someone hears me cry the beat me harder and harder. I try not to cry as much now because I really don't want to be beaten anymore. Sometimes I even dream that Snow comes and bails me out but the dream stops when the guard starts beating me again. The guard once again stops me out of my thought.

"Come on Winter." The guard said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because someone wants to see you." He said.

"Really?"

"Yes." He said. "Some twisted person wants to see you."

"Thanks." I said. He took me into a private room where Rumple was sitting there smiling.

"Rumple?" I asked.

"I don't know who you think I am, but my name is Mr. Gold." He said.

"Oh I am sorry." I said. "You look like someone I know." 

He wrote on the table, "It is me, I am in a disguise."

"Oh right Mr. Gold." I started. "Sorry I guess the not eating is getting into my brain."

"That would do it." He said.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"Come on dearie. I know everything."

"Right."

"How did you get here?"

"I was fighting the guards and they blew something on me, and now I am here." 

"Oh."

"Why are you here?" I asked. "What about Belle?"

"She is gone."

"Gone where?"

"She passed away."

"I'm sorry." I said. "I can see that you care for her."

"What no I don't. That is ridiculous."

"I know when you're happy." I said. "When you talk about her your eyes light up."

"Well it is to late for that." He said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He moved his hands and everyone but us were frozen. "I wanted to try and get you out of here."

"How?" I asked. "The security here is amazing, and I don't want to be beaten from trying to escape."

"Wait what is that on your arm?" He asked pointing to the blood all over my arm.

"They branded me."

"What does that mean?"

"They put the word thief on my arm permanently." I said. "It is literally burned into my skin."

"Fun." He said.

"How am I supposed to get out?" I asked.

"When are you supposed to be hanged?"

"Next week."

"Then you're getting out next week."

"I have to stay in this hell for another week?"

"Yes." He started. "Once you are outside and they are about to hang you I will freeze everyone, and I will quickly flash us out."

"Why can't you do that now?" I asked.

"Because this place is to secure and they would just automatically start looking for you."

"But won't they do that then too?" I asked.

"Yes but they would be more suspects there." He said. "And here they would automatically know it was me."

"That is a smart idea." I said.

"I know."

"Okay then." I said. "I will see you next week."

"Yes you will." He said. He unfroze everyone and the guard started coming towards us.

"Visiting time is over." The guard said.

"Okay." Rumple said. "Bye Winter."

"Bye Mr. Gold." I said. The guard pushed me back to my cell and threw me back in there.

"I just can't wait for the day when you're gone." The guard said through the tiny hole in the door.

"I can't wait either." I started. "It is very tiring seeing your face everyday."

"Very funny." The guard said. "You aren't a very nice little girl."

"I can say the same about you."

"I'm not a girl." He said.

"Right sorry." I said. "You aren't a very nice little boy."

"You're a extremely annoying person." He said.

"I'm not the person who is choosing to talk to me. That is all you." I said.

"Just drink your water." He said.

"You haven't given me any water to drink." I said.

"Here." He said. He passed the water through the little hole in the bottom of the door.

"Thanks." I said. I sipped the water until it was all gone and I sat the glass on the floor.

"Just one more week." I whispered. 

~

Author's Question: Do you guys like how Winter treats Pan? 

My answer: Sometimes yes. I love how sassy she is towards him, but who knows if she will ever open up about her past to him.