Chapter 3

"What kind of trouble do we have?" I raised my eyebrows, what damage did my sister do this time?

  "Based on these files, you seem to be the sister of Alliyah Bisson and not her." He pauses then back down at the files. "Your sister was having an affair with my father and she got pregnant. She left the baby at my office a few weeks ago."

  I laugh and shake my head. "She really out-did herself this time. I don't understand how I come in all this. You made me lose my job for a foolish reason. You could have easily looked through my documents and you'd see that I wasn't Alliyah, but no, you had to put the icing on the cake."

  "I understand you must be angry, but I had no other choice. You sister disappeared, she didn't come back for the baby."

 "You mean she abandoned him or her?" I knew Alliyah was a real bitch, but I didn't know that she would have sunk to that level, abandoning a child? Her new lifestyle really did change her.

  "It's a him and yes she did. Now my aim was to try and search for your sister instead I end up finding you." I found that weird because my sister was the one with more status than me, she was famous for all the gigs that she did, it would have been easier to find her than me.

  "I see. Well, unfortunately, I have no idea where my sister is, not a clue. I haven't seen her in years." I'd prefer it stayed that way too.

 "Do you have any idea where she might me?"

  "Didn't you just hear what I said? No, I haven't seen or spoken to her in over three years. I have no interest in where the hell she might. She could be in hell for all I care." I meant every word I said. She had torn my heart in pieces.

   "I see you have an intense dislike for your sister."

  I laugh, "Trust me, you will too when you meet her."

    "Well until we find her we still need someone to take care of the baby." Was he trying to tell me to take the baby? That wasn't happening.

   "Mr. Carter, I have no space for a baby in this apartment. I can barely even make it on my own with the money I have...I can't." before I could continue with my excuses the man in front of me spoke up.

 "I'm not giving you the child."

  I sigh with relief. I don't want the child.

 "But it would be good to have someone taking care of him until we find his mother."

  "What about your father?"

  "No, my mother wouldn't allow it."

   "Oh, so your mother is still with your cheating father, interesting." I always wondered how some woman stay with a man after he cheated.

  I could have never stayed with Dwayne after he cheated me on me. It would have driven me to insanity knowing what he did.

  I could never continue to love a man after he cheated.

  "Let's not talk about my family. I need you to take care of him." he didn't want to touch on the subject so I knew there was something he was hiding from me.

  "Didn't you just hear me? I have no space, no..." he cuts me off again. It seemed to be a bad habit for his, to cut off people when they're talking.

  "You wouldn't be staying here, you'd come live with me."

  "What? Are you crazy? I can't live with you. I don't even know you, I don't even know this child." My day was just getting weirder and weirder by the second. This handsome stranger was asking me to live with him and like the idiot I was, I said no.