Chapter 19

"I'll stay, I'll be your girlfriend"

  I smiled at the memory. Who would have taught the wallflower twin would have a boyfriend after the last experience he had with one. But I gave it. Alexander was different, I could feel it and every day he showed it like right this moment.  

  My eyes were completely dark to the world since it was covered with a dark blue kerchief. I still can't believe he placed it over my eyes. Where was he taking me? How big of a surprise is it? Would It be better than the night we shared on the yacht?

Currently seated in the passenger seat of one of his cars, I could hear the other cars passing by, feel the stops we made at the light and the turns we took but I had no idea where we were going. 

  Was he taking me to the movies? 

   He wouldn't blindfold me for something as simple as a big screen. But who knew? He was full of surprises and I'm like a child on Christmas morning. Way too excited to open my present, in this case way too excited about where we're going on our second date.

   I've been so happy. I still can't believe he asked me to stay and be his girlfriend. It was the best feeling ever. I'm so happy because after getting to know Henrique I really wanted to stay and be apart of his life and now I will be staying. 

Alexander is a good man and he deserves a chance. It's not like I can say no to him anyways. I'm in love with him.

 Crazy in love with him.

  "Hey, what are you thinking about?" I heard Alexander said, he placed his hands on my thigh, at first I tensed up but I knew he wouldn't do anything to make me feel uncomfortable so I calmed down. We are taking things slowly even though I was already in love with him. I'm just waiting until he feels the same. After what he was the other day, maybe he did. 

  "Uh, I'm okay. I'm curious where to where you're taking me." I wasn't curious, Anxiety was killing me and the thought of not seeing where I'm going or what's happening around me is driving me crazy. 

  "Well, you'll know in a minute because we're here," I replied as the car slowed down and he started to park. He took the key out of the engine. He opened his door and exist the car, closing it behind him. After a few moments, the door on my side was pulled open. I pushed my way out of the car and all I could hear is noise, lots of noise. 

I frowned. Were we at a stadium? A party?

   Alexander came behind me to take off the blindfold. "Don't open your eyes yet." He took off the kerchief and I obeyed him by keeping my eyes close even though I really wanted to open it.  He placed his hands over my eyes and then started counting, "ONE, TWO. OPEN." 

He released his hands from my face. When I opened my eyes I took me a while to get used to the colours and the lighting but when my eyes adjected I looked around me I was shocked. This was the last thing I was expecting. I was expecting a candlelit dinner until the moon but this was the opposite.

  "An amusement park," I chortle excitedly. The last time I was at a carnival was when I was in college and that was years ago. I turned and wrapped my arms around him. " THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU." He laughed and I left the vibration of his chest beneath mine. 

"I guess, you like it then," he observed. 

"Like it? I love it. This is the best date ever." I giggled at him.

  "You're welcome. Come let's join the line and buy the tickets." 

  We walked to a long line but after a few minutes of standing in the line that was barely moving  Alex looked irritable so he turned to me. "Stay right here, I'll be back." He left me at the back of the line as he made his way to the top.