Chapter 8

It was a beautiful day to paint. The sun was going down slowly, the trees looked happy and little Henrique is definitely enjoying himself. 

   After a long day inside I decided to spend my evening in the garden pool gazebo. Not only is the place breathtaking, it was is also very cool around this time of the day.

    I looked down at Henrique who is on a blanket. He looks very happy playing with his toys and not giving me any attention. Just before we came out I fed him and showered him, so he was more than happy.

    Smiling I sat down on the grass on a separate blanket. I pulled my art box close to me. I smile as I was opening the box. Painting and Drawing had been my two favourite hobbies when growing up and I still loved doing it.

   I lifted up a small paintbrush and bushed it against my bear legs. I lifted out the container of paintbrushes, painting palettes and a canvas and place them on the grass.

  I looked around the garden for an inspiration. My spot the gazebo, it looked easy and simply beautiful.

   After an hour or so Henrique started to make some weird sounds. I looked over at him to see what he was doing but his attention was looking straight ahead in the direction we came from. Following his gaze, I found the reason for his noise.

  His brother stood with his hands in his pants pockets watching us.

Here we go again.

   He always comes and sneaks up on me. I knew he didn't trust me but come on. He could say 'Hi' sometimes.

   When he saw me looking at him, he starts to move closer towards us.

    "I know don't trust me, but you don't have to keep creeping up on us every time. I'm not going to hurt him or treat him badly if that's what you're worried about."

   "You're right about the I don't trust you part, but I don't think you'll hurt him." He assured. Well, at least we got that out of the air.

    "I don't trust you either."

   "You don't have to trust me." He stressed.

   "I don't." How could I trust a man who made my life worst that it was before?

    "Good." Shaking his head. "Anyways that's not why I'm here. I've set the appointment for the test, it will be tomorrow at 11 am. I'll bring you to the clinic, the result usually takes a week or so, maybe longer to get back."

  A smile lit up my face. "Perfect! Now you'll know that I'm not his mother and I am in fact his aunt.

    He glazed then muttered an 'hmm' sound. He looked down at the artwork in front of me. His eyes widen with surprise as he saw it. "You paint this?" he spoke suddenly. I wasn't too sure if he was asking a question or making a statement, so I decide to answer him.

  "No, Henrique did," I said sarcastically. Persons like him like to underestimate people like me. He probably thinks I'm a good for nothing who left her kid.

  He rolled his eyes then clear his throat. "Well, I'm taking Henrique now."

   I frown at him. "What do you mean take him?"

   "I mean exactly what I just said." He looked own in my grey eyes as I looked him in his light brown ones.

    "Where are you taking him?" I questioned. This was new for me. Every since I've been here Alexander didn't make a lot of contact with Henrique. Why did he want him now?

"You don't have the authority to ask me that." I roll my eyes at his response.

 "I do have the authority to question you, I could be his mother."