Chapter 30

Alex's POV

"What are you doing?" Santiago said as he creeps up on me for the millionth time.

I kept my eyes on the paper in front of me. "I'm TRYING to write a poem." I placed emphasis on trying, after all, I am the worst poet on earth.

He laughed. "I'm really am trying to write a poem but I am failing. I just can't find the right words."

"Let me see." I willingly hand over the paper, after all, he's written a few books.

"The beauty of your silver eyes mesmerizes me." Santiago read aloud the first line then he started laughing hard, real hard. "Really, chico. This is so lame. I don't speak good English and I could write something better."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Since you're such an expert, tell me what to write."

"I can't tell you what to write." I was about to speak when he cut me off. "But I can guide you." he then took a seat beside me.

"Fine, guide me. I need guidance. Literature wasn't one of my favourite subjects." I clarified.

" Well, thanks for stating the obvious." I rolled my eyes at him. "What a shame! Thank God, it is mine!" he bragged.

"Will you please help me and stop gracing yourself. I know that you're a writer and you're awesome and all. I need your help to make my date be the most romantic ever."

"Vale, hermanito. It's nice that you're taking her on a date. I think that will improve the condition and she'll start trusting you a little more."

"Yea, that's true and that's why I want this poem to be great since the first poem I wrote to her was a piece of shit."

"Bueno, then let's begin. Tell me some of the things you like about her"

"I love her eyes, they're just so beautiful. I love her hair, it's so soft. I like her...." he stopped me midway through my sentence by placing his hands up.

"I know you love her and all but can you not get all dreamy. You look like a teenage girl talking about her One Direction crush on Niall Horan. Just tell me what you like, don't get all dreamy."

Okay, I can do that.

Can I?

I really don't know. I do feel like a teenage girl with a crush. Kalliyah's face is always in my mind. When I'm eating, working and even in my dreams, where I undress her slowly and make sweet love to her. Oh! I wish those dreams would come true. It would mean no more cold showers.

I can at least try.

I shook my head and look at Santiago, "I like her laugh. I like the fact that she cares for people. I like her feistiness. I just love everything even her shortcomings. I love the fact that she is afraid of tickles." I smiled at the memory on the beach.

"Okay, that's a good start. Let's write you a poem."

"Write a poem for what?" I looked around and saw Alliyah in draggers. I sighed thank god it wasn't my baby. Didn't want her finding out my surprise for her.

Santiago looked to me for assurance as if to tell his fiancé the truth. I nod.

"I'm helping him write a poem for Kally. I'm asking him about her."

"Oh, okay. That's nice of you." She said to her fiancé. She turns to me. "Why are you writing a poem though?"

"I thinking about planning a surprise dinner for her, something more romantic than our first date. I need your help."