Chapter 28

Alex POV

  I walked in the hospital with a big smile on my face. Kaiilyah will be released today and instead of going back to Carlos's place, she'll come back with me to California. Carlos wasn't pleased with her decision but he realized that she needed to make her own decision and so she's coming home with me. 

  I got so excited about the release that I wanted to stay the night with her. I was also afraid that she might change her mind and decide to stay here but she wouldn't allow it. I smiled at the memory. 

  "No, I'm going to stay here  with you." I stretched my feet out and rest my hands at the back of my neck and then close my eyes pretending to sleep.

She lightly pushed my shoulder, "No, you need to go back to the hotel and  get some sleep."

"But I want to stay with you." I stretched my words, pout and blinked my lashes for emphasis. 

  She rolled her eyes and smiled. "But you stink and need to shower," she replied in the same tone I used.

  "I don't stink," I said with a frown. I lift my arms to my nose and sniffed. I smelt okay, better than how I smell after the gym. 

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't." I defended. 

"Yes, you do."

   I rolled my eyes, "You haven't been awake for a week yet and you're already giving me trouble."

  She shrugged and grinned, "That's because I'm a troublemaker and you don't mind because you love me."

I smiled at her. "I do."

"Good. Now leave. I will not marry a man with bad hygiene." She waved me out of the room. 

    I smiled. 

  Okay, she caught me with those words. Not that I had bad hygiene but she's been awake for three days. I want to spend as much time as I can with her. I want her to know that she means the world to me and  I will not lose her again.

 I can't. I won't.

  I got up and walked over to her bed. I bend and kiss her on the forehead like I've done while she was still in a coma and for the past three days. "Goodbye, my love. I love you."

She smiled. "Goodbye."

  I walked out of her room with a smile. I didn't mind that she didn't tell me she loved me too. Santiago told me to take things slow. I will take things as slow as possible. I want her to know the new me.

   I walked to her room. I knocked on the door and entered. The doctor, Santiago, Alliyah and Carlos were already present.

   "Nice for you to join us Mr. Carter, I was just explaining to the others that Ms. Bisson is still taking medication and since she still hasn't recovered her memory you guys should take it slow." Dr. Baines warned. "Make sure she has at least ten hours of sleep each day. She needs it." he paused and look at his clipboard. "I cannot tell you when she will regain her memory but as I said she will."

  "But Dr. Baines, Paige in "The Vow" never regained her memory. What if Kalliyah is like her and doesn't regain hers?" Alliyah interrupted.

  The doctor smiled and rubbed the back of his head as if he was nervous. "You see Ms. Bisson, that was a rare case. Both women were in an accident but Kalliyah's head was not hit as bad as I think Paige's own was. If I remember clearly Paige was in a coma from a longer time than Kalliyah which shows that she will indeed recovery. Her brain scan has shown an increased amount of activities. Just not as much as someone like you but as she recovers her brain activity will increase don't worry she's perfectly fine.