Chapter 25

Thank you so much for the 3k followers. I love you guys so much, keep following. :)

Alex POV

  I quickly got out of the taxi and ran in the hospital. There was a heavy weigh on my chest as I remember one of my conversation with Kalliayh. 

  "Here," I said as I placed the new phone in her small hands." It has my number saved in it as an emergency contact. Call me if anything goes wrong."

  She shrugged her shoulders, "It's not like you're allowing me to do anything or go anywhere, what could go wrong?"

"Henrique is a child, accidents happen," I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

She mumbled something under her breath then said, "Fine. If there is an emergency I call you."

I nod, "Good." Then I turn to around walking straight to my office. 

  I shook my head and prayed that she wasn't the person that had the accident but I knew there was a 95% chance it was her because I barely knew anyone who lived in New York, much less a woman. 

   I walked up the receptionist. "I received a call a few hours ago telling me to come to this hospital because I was someone's emergency contact. You said she was unconscious."

  The olive skin woman lifted her head and looked at me then back at the computer screen she was looking at before I came. 

I shook my head in frustration, is she really not going to answer me?

Before I could open my mouth, Santiago and Alliyah walked up beside me. 

  "Where is she? Is she okay? Please tell me we're not late, please?" Alliyah pled as she looked at the receptionist. I told her that it was a 5% chance that the girl in the dent didn't have to be Kalliah but she had a gut feeling and so did I. Why else would my chest be hurting?

  "Shh..sweetheart. It's gonna be okay." Santiago said trying to comfort her. We were all on the edge on the flight here. Alliyah was crying at one point. Wishing that she didn't do all the things she did, wishing that she still had her sister. Praying that the accident was fatal. 

  "No, It's not okay," Alliyah shouted, "What if she's dead. I'll never get a chance to tell her how sorry I am." Santiago sighed and wrapped his arms around her while she sobbed in his shoulders. I looked at her crying and made me want to cry too.

  I never told her how I felt. Never told her I'm sorry for hurting her. Never told her how much I love her.

"Sir," I was brought out of relevé by the receptionist.

"Yes," I said in a throaty sound. 

  She looked at me sadly.

 Oh my god, no. Please no. 

    "I have good news and bad news." The three us wait on her to continue. "The good news is that she's alive after such a tragic accident. The bad news is that she hit her head pretty bad and now she's in a coma. She came out of surgery two hours ago and it was successful but she was to wake up but didn't. The doctors are still waiting."

"Oh my god." Alliyah cried out as she held on to Santiago's shoulder. 

  I brought my hands to my face. I felt the tears running. She's alive but she's unable to communicate. It was like she's dead.

I start crying a little harder with my hands over my face.

  "It's going to be fine. We don't know if it's her and even if it is her, she needs the two of you to be strong. Be strong for her." I looked up at Santiago with my red eyes. He's right. I didn't know who the woman was yet, I should start assuming until I know facts and even if it is her  I need to be strong. I need to stay strong for her.