Chapter 15

I looked up at Alexander thanking him with a smile. Hopefully, I don't have any more conversations like that for the rest of the night.

  "You look stunning." he complimented causing my cheeks to go red. I turn my head to the side not wanting him to see the effect his words had on me. "Red is definitely your colour."

 "Thanks." I voiced happy that he improved off my outfit.

  Alexander took the margarita glass out of my hand and handed to the passing server, then laced his hands with mine. I look over at him seeking an explanation, but he shrugs, "I'm going to introduce you to a few friends of mine."

   I had no idea why he'd want to introduce me to his friends when I wasn't going to stay in his life. I was only in his house to take care of my abandon nephew and yet I wanted to stay. I was happy here; my dog was happy here. I didn't want to go but I knew as soon as he founded Alliyah, it would be bye bye Kalliyah.

  Alexander gripped my shoulder and shake me, "What are you thinking about?"

 What my life will be after you find my sister.

  I shrugged, "Oh, nothing. I'm wondering if Henrique is okay."

  He laughed and shook his head, "Henrique is more than okay. He's probably sleeping like a baby right now."

  I giggled, "He is a baby."

  "He doesn't seem to agree with you. He acts like an adult." Alexander exclaimed, and he was right. Henrique acted way older than his age, sometimes I wonder if he's really eighteen months old."

  "I wonder who he gets that from." I paused and thought about it. I had no idea what Alexander father even looked like. "Definitely my sister."

  "Have you heard anything from her?" he asked.

  I sighed, trying not to get angry. "I told you, I haven't seen or heard from my sister in three years. Why would she contact me suddenly?"

  He frowned, "Sorry for mentioning it."

  I shook my head feeling bad for lashing out, "No, I'm sorry. It's just that it's a sticky subject."

  He nodded, "I understand."

  "I'm sorry."

 "I said It's okay." He said a little bit too angry for my liking.

  I flinched stepping away from him, "I think I should go back to my room."

  His face showed the regret of his action, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted at you. This is not easy for me either. I need to find your sister not just because of Henrique but also because of my parents."

  I let his words register. Henrique wasn't the only reason he was looking for my sister but what was the other reason and why are parents involved other than the fact that his father impregnates her?

  "I still think I should go." I didn't want to be a burden on him, especially not tonight.

  "No, you're staying. You just came down, have a little fun." He persuaded.

  "I don't know anyone here, how is this fun?" I felt like an outsider. I didn't fit in a room full of socialites.

  "Well, the music is going to change to that of dancing one and then we can dance. There is a lot of food here and you know what else is here?" his rhetorical question ran in the air until he continued, "an Ice-cream fountain."

  From he said the word food I was convinced to stay but even more so at Ice-cream fountain. I've never seen one in real life before only on the television; I even order one for my wedding, that never happened.