Disclaimer

Many of you have started reading my stories saying that you understand what dark romance is but then hollar, rape, feminism, and so forth. You either understand the definition and don't care, only reading so you can comment some women's liberal righteous remark because you feel like you're some kind of spokesperson for women's injustice or what you believe is right or wrong; or you really don't comprehend what dark romance means even though I've posted exactly what it entails.

Let's get some things clear. The women in my story never say no, they don't need to say yes to mean yes. Just because they didn't say "Oh yes, you have my permission to fuck me, oh yes you have permission to finger me," doesn't mean they are being raped. All women in my stories show some kind of indication that they want these men to continue with their physical advancements no matter how dark it may seem. Then comes the men, they're usual assholes. Maybe not towards the end but they start off being unlikable characters. Again, another characteristic associated with dark romance.

Since some of you haters out there still end up reading when these stories clearly state they are not the stories for you, I will break down once more what you will find in my writings.

Elements of Dark Romance

I. Anti-Hero – He's the hero, but he lacks morality, idealism, or other qualities we typically define as heroic. He's The Hound, Jamie Lannister, Tony Soprano, and all those other bad-guys you secretly love.

II. Codes of Honor. The anti-hero is not without honor. He has a separate set of ethics (like a motorcycle club code). This is a code of honor that's apart of what society accepts as normal or acceptable. He'll go to his death to uphold his specific sense of honor. In the alternative, he could break this code out of love for the heroine.

II. Contains Elements of Consent and Power, or Power Imbalance. This genre explores power differentials between the hero and heroine, most of the time in the hero's favor. It explores the psychological ramifications of exploiting that power. With regard to sex, in the real world no means no. Drunk or drugged means no. Blackmail? No. These stories push that consent line, often including dubious consent in ways that would never be allowed or tolerated in the real world. Although many dark romances are filled with erotica (yay!), the power differentials don't even have to be about sex. Whatever the scene, it must be clear that the hero is the one in control. (Ex: It's winter, there's no car, and the guy takes the girl's shoes so she can't go anywhere).

IV. Taboo and Wrongness (captivity, crime). How far do these stories go? First and foremost, the writer's duty is to the character. Who is she? Why is he doing this? A dark romance author never does things halfway. Instead, they embrace completely what the character would do, how they're feeling, and the real humanity/honesty of their actions and perceptions. You can pretty much expect these characters to do anything short of hurting children, old people, or animals.

I take no credit for the information above clarifying elements of a dark romance. This is straight from the internet. I only copied and pasted what I felt expresses the point I'm trying to make clear.

If you do continue reading my works only to comment some rude statement then you will just be muted. I haven't broke any rules when it pertains to Wattpad and will continue writing the stories that I do.

If you feel the need to be derogatory towards some of my characters like calling them whores, hoes, sluts, etc. because they are not ashamed or afraid of being sexual then you will be muted.

I will no longer tolerate immature, rude, unnecessary remarks. I welcome constructive criticism not ignorance.