Chapter 41

Recap //

"So what if we met as children? You were little, so maybe you had a misunderstanding with your 'obsession' of me," I say.

"That's not possible, Sunshine,"

"Why not?"

"I was definitely in my right mind when I was in my younger years,"

"And...?"

"You were the one who ruined my mind,"

。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜☆・゜・。

Your POV //

"Wait- I ruined your mind? How would I?!"

No way in hell will he blame me for that sick brain of his.

Hoseok makes no comment to my remark, and continues.

"Do you want to hear the story or not, Y/n?"

"... I do,"

"Alright, then be a good girl and zip your mouth,"

"..."

At least he said it in a nicer way, I guess?

I impatiently shift on the bed, waiting to hear him.

"Like I said, I met you when I was a child. I don't know how old I was, but I know it was back when I lived with my mother,"

"She was always busy inside the house, and did not have all the time to spend with me, so she forced me to go play with other children of my age,"

"I'm guessing I'm one of those children?" I butt in.

Instead of answering me, he gives me a shut-your-mouth-or-else stare, causing me to cough awkwardly, muttering a quiet sorry.

"I had tried to get along well with the neighborhood kids, but I was different, and I didn't know why. My mom even saw me as different, and she didn't take it well. However, since I was incapable of understanding many complicated things as young as I was, I didn't take it to heart,"

"You might ask, 'take what to heart?' Well, several unkind things. For one, the children's teases, a lighter word for something more than bullying. A child's bullying is not much, though, but my mom made it out more than it already was,"

You're the one who always does unkind things...

"My mother, although I was the one getting hurt, partly blamed me. I knew, behind every little act of her generosity and acts of a mother, she thought differently of me, in a bad way,"

"She avoided me on many occasions, even going as far to send me off to her friends' houses for a babysit because she was 'too busy' to take care of me,"

"I eventually grew distance from her, relationship wise. I didn't call her mother; she was almost like a stranger to me as I was almost like a stranger to her. I thought her slight disappointment in me was partly because of my father being gone, and that only added fuel to the fire,"