Chapter 2

Once Newt took his seat at the front Alby begun the gathering, "Obviously we are here to discuss the arrival of the girl. I don't want anyone touching her."

"Agreed." Newt says instantly, making me blush.

"She can't just walk around smelling Daisy's the entire time! She's gotta do her part too! I think someone needs to keep an eye on her! I don't trust her she's gotta be a spy from wicked, we've never had a girl before!"

"Seriously Gally, I highly doubt that. The girl will be doing her part and trying out for jobs just like everyone else. I do agree that she needs to be watched though, but not because I don't trust her but I don't trust those shanks out there" he says pointing his thumb towards the door.

"I'll stay with her" Newt exclaims eagerly.

"What about sleeping arrangements?" A tanned boy with brown hair asks.

"No way! She can sleep in the homestead with us!" Newt practically jumps out of his seat.

"Calm down Newt. You seem to have a liking for the greenie, are you sure that's a good idea that you're the one who keeps an eye out for he?"

"I just think she needs a friend and I've been talking to her all day so I feel as though I should be the one to be with her."

"Well alright then, so now that thats settled you shanks can get back to your jobs."

"I think she should be put in the slammer until we figure out what's going! She's bad!" Gally exclaims.

Newt glares at him and takes a few steps towards him before Alby places a hand out, "Gally don't be ridiculous. Get back to work." He storms out, the others following close behind. I scramble back to my spot so Newt won't know that I eavesdropped. I couldn't help but smile at newts reactions, it's like he cared about me and wanted to protect me.

"Hey greenie. Remember your name yet?"

"I haven't even thought about it if I'm being honest. It's the last thing on my mind."

"What is on your mind?"

"Food."

He smiles, his eyes sparkling, "Let's go get you something to eat then. I don't want you to bloody starve." He grabs my hand and pulls me along side him as his touch sparks something in me. He seems indifferent about it though so I manage to keep a straight face when all I want to do is smile. As we walk I notice that he has a slight limp. I add that to the pile of Questions I want to ask since the only thing I can focus on at the moment is food.

As we walk I notice all the other boys staring at me intently. Some wave, some wink, and some just stare creepily. They quickly look away as Newt sends a glare at them and my chest falls as I realize that he's only holding my hand to keep them away from me, not because he likes me. I push the thought out of my mind so he doesn't ask me what's on my mind.

We walk into a shabby built kitchen with long tables lining the floors. There is a counter with a kitchen behind it. In the middle stands a dark boy about the age of 18. I wonder how old I am, I'll have to ask newt about that.

"Frypan this is the greenie. Watch out she'll talk your ear off if you let her." He playfully nudges my shoulder and I blush.

"Nice to finally meet you. You've been here an hour and the whole glade has been talking about you nonstop!"

"Oh wow. That's nice I guess." I laugh. "It's nice to meet you frypan" he was a nice guy who seemed to always be in a good mood.

"Two sandwiches please" newt gestures to the two of his with his hand that's still holding mine, causing my face to redden further. Newt smiles and takes me over to one of the tables as he grabs the plates. He hands me a sandwich and I devour it. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating. All the while newt is staring at me.