Chapter 10

When the alarm came to a stop. Newt and Alby stepped up to the box and pulled open the top. Gally jumped down in the box, "day one greenie." He roughly pulled the boy out of the box and he fell to the ground hard. The boys around me were disappointed that it wasn't another girl, but they still crowded around the boy to get a glimpse.

He seemed to be of average height. He had brown hair and brown eyes and was in great shape. I guessed he was 17 or 18, like newt. His head whipped around fast as he took his surrounds, fear and confusion pacing his eyes. Unexpectedly he pushes past everyone and takes off running towards one of the openings in the wall.

"Isn't anyone gonna go after him?" I ask in panic as he nears the maze.

"He won't make it that far." They watch as he continues to run at an alarming speed when he suddenly trips over the uneven ground and crashes down on his face. They burst into laughter.

"Real mature guys." I mutter under my breath and roll my eyes as I jog towards the boy, newt and Alby following close behind.

Alby reaches him first and helps him stand.

"What is this place? Who are you guys? Why am I here? Why can't I remember anything? What's that?" The boy asked and Alby sighed.

"Slim it greenie. We'll explain everything to you on the tour just calm down."

I gasp as I actually get a good look of his face causing him to snap his head up towards me. Something's extremely familiar. I don't know him but I feel as though I do. I feel a pull towards him like I did when I first saw Newt. But this was different. I recovered myself as newt turned to look at me as well.

The greenie stared at me a similar look.

"Do you remember anything? Like your name?" Alby presses crossing his arms when he's sure he's not gonna try to run again.

"No I can't remember anything. Why is that? And why is she the only girl here? Do I know you?" I freeze when he asks me that.

"Alright your starting to annoy me with all your question shank. Chuck here," he points to chuck, "will give you the tour and get you a place to sleep."

The young boy beams, clearly excited to be in charge of someone. He grabs the greenies arm and pulls his arm as the greenie asks him multiple questions.

"Alright shanks. Shows over back to work!" At his command everyone disperses and I start my way back to the med jack hut when newt grabs my elbow and pulls me back.

"Did you recognize him?" He asks his eyebrows furrowed.

"No." it wasn't a lie. You had no memory of the greenie.

"Carly I know when your lying."

I sigh, "I obviously don't know for sure since my memories are gone but when I saw him I felt as though I did know him, but I can't remember." I shrug my shoulders.

He stares at me, clearly upset over something, I don't know what though.

"Do you have to go back to work?" He asks.

"Yeah I haven't been there all day." I wanted to spend the day with him, especially now that he was upset, but Clint and Jeff needed me.

We parted ways and I went to work. As the day went I, I got bored of the repetitive work and snuck out to find newt. That's when I heard yelling, "What are you keeping from me! Why can't I go in! What is this place!" Tommy is at the entrance of the maze, clearly trying to push through newt who blocks his path. Chuck stands in anticipation behind away from saying how he tried to tell him not. Gally comes out of nowhere and pushes the kid so hard he practically flies.