Chapter 14

Hi! Chapter 13 was also kind of bland I realize. This one might be too because I'm trying to think of how I want it to end. Anyways, here's another chapter for you guys!

The tears spilled down my cheeks as the boys began to disperse, they all had a guilty look in their eyes and I couldn't imagine how newt felt. I run up to him and hugged him for what felt like the hundredth time today.

He doesn't let go for a while, "I always hate doing that."

I nod my head and give him a squeeze. I've never been good in serious or sad situations but I wanted him to feel better so I just kept hugging him until he pulled back. He kissed my forehead quickly and gave me a small smile, although it didn't reach his eyes.

We lingered near the doors for a bit until the sun completely disappeared behind the walls.

"Newt c'mere. Bring Minho we need to talk." Alby calls sternly with his arms crossed.

Newt sighs and gives my a hand a final squeeze before departing to find Minho.

I have nothing to do and no ones in the mood to talk so I just walk around the glade aimlessly until I find chuck. I hope he didn't have to see that. He's been here longer than I have, but I still think he's too young to see what just happened to Ben. We shouldn't have to fear dying at such a young age or have to worry about surviving at all.

"Hey Carly! Whatcha doing?"

"Well I was with newt until alby took him and Minho away from me."

"He is the second in command. You should see him when he gets angry it's pretty scary."

I laugh at that. "I can't ever see newt as scary."

"That's cause your dating him. I don't think he'll ever be mad at you." I think back to when he was mad at me earlier today, "do you want to have some fun?"

"I don't really no if we should. Doesn't it seem kind of inappropriate to do so after what just happened?"

"That's exactly why we should do it. These shanks need a little fun in there lives."

I way over the options. I can't help but to feel guilty about what happened to Ben especially since it was partly my fault like every other bad thing that's happened around here. But the other gladers shouldn't have to go to bed knowing that this is their fate. They deserve a chance at a normal life and to have some fun even during the worst of times.

"What exactly do you have in mind?"

He beams, "follow me."

Chuck leads me to the back of the homestead and behind the locker rooms, "I pull this prank every night but it works every time."

There's a small window at the back of the locker room that allows you to see in directly across from the door. So thats why newt guards the bathroom from the inside. That's really sweet of him. Chuck takes a small rock in his pudgy hand and throws it the wall inside of the locker room, alarming the poor glader in the showers stall. Just as whoevers inside steps out to investigate the noise, chuck screams so loud the boy slips and falls from shock.

We fall over laughing at his reaction until I recognize the voice, "Shuck! Show yourselves you shanks!"

"Omg Chuck! It's gally, run!"

We take off running just as gally bursts through the locker room door. He sees us but we're too far away for him to chase after us.

"You better watch your back Carly! People already don't like you, just wait until they find out! Who's side are you on?"