Chapter 18

I woke up screaming. Actually I woke up by newt straddling me and pinning my flailing arms down because of my screaming.

"Carly! Carly, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked extremely concerned. The hurt in his eyes was apparent as I breathed heavily. He was still on top of me, as if he was afraid I would start again if he let me go.

"Are you hurt?" He looked me up and down, clearly checking for anything that could have injured me before looking around to make sure there was no danger, "Tell me what's wrong?" He panicked, his grip on my hands never faltering.

"I-I had a dream. More like a memory actually."

He looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Newt I think something bads gonna happen."

He could hear the fear in my voice as I spoke. Getting off of me, he cradled me into his chest holding me in his tense arms, "what're you talking about, love?"

"Last night I had a memory. I had one before but it wasn't anything bad and I wasn't sure if it was a memory or not. I just saw you and me as children. But this time I'm sure, it felt too real. And I recognized the voices in it, like I've heard them before, but I couldn't see anything, everything was just black."

He pushed the hair out of my sweaty face, "will you tell me about it."

I nodded my head and cleared my throat, which had become shaky from screaming, "There were two people, a male and a female. They were talking about me. They were saying something about how my brother didn't know I was getting sent into the maze, and if he did he wouldn't cooperate. They also said something about how I was only half of the trigger and he was the other. Oh and they also mentioned you. That's how I know that the first dream I had was also a memory. They were worried that me seeing you would you trigger something in me, probably these memories. Before I went under whatever they gave me they told me things were going to change and that they hoped to see me on the other side. Do you know what any of that means?"

"No I don't. But I promise it'll be alright. I'll figure it out. Don't stress about it, love."

"Newt. I'm scared." My voice cracks.

He pulls me in tighter, "Don't be. Ill protect you." I nod and bury my head into his chest, "If alby was awake he'd say if you ain't scared, you ain't human." He says clearly trying to brighten my mood.

I laughed. That seems like something alby would say.

He sighs, "I have to go, I'm not supposed to be in here with you, since it's supposed to be a punishment." He says this but he makes no effort to release me, "I'll come back in about an hour to come get you and we can get something to eat."

I smile, "that sounds amazing, I would really love a shower."

"Yeah I was gonna say something about the smell but I didn't want to offend you." He wrinkles his nose and gags teasingly.

I playfully shove his chest, "if I smell so bad then why haven't you left yet?"

"Because I love you and I love to watch you sleep."

"Little weird but I love you too." I giggle standing from his grasp.

"You know what I mean, don't make me look like a bloody creep."

"I don't have to, you do that yourself." I tease.

He sticks out his hand and ruffles my already messy hair, "alright silly, I'll be back soon. Try not to annoy Thomas with your talking."

I gasp as I forgot that Thomas was just in the cell next to us. He probably had woken from my screaming as well. Heck, the whole glade might have. Minho came to confirm this, "shucking hell newt. If you guys are gonna do the dirty, make sure Carly doesn't scream the entire time."