Chapter 7

A hand covers my mouth before I even have time to scream. I look up to see Jason with a slight smirk on his face. Panic floods through my veins as I attempt to struggle out of his grip, but he's too strong.

"Hey there beautiful. Why don't you stay a while?" His pupils dilate as he looks me up and down and the blood drains from my face.

"Newwwmph" I call for newt but its muffled through his hand.

"Aww you want newt? Your 'friend'. If your lonely, I can be your friend." I freeze as his hands travel down my body and his lips crash on to me, forcing his tongue into my mouth. I gag and push against him but he doesn't budge. As he moves his hands back up to my face I knee him in the stomach. He doubles over and I take the opportunity to run out of the locker room.

"Newt! Help! Newt! PLEASE!" I only make it about five feet before I'm tackled to the ground, my head smacking against the ground hard and I start to black out. It all happens so fast. He straddles me and begins to lift my shirt up as I try to squirm out of his grip. His hands roam my stomach before making there way down to the buttons on my shorts. I wanted to to throw up but I focused my strength on my shorts, holding on to them for dear life as Jason tried to pry them off. I hear the sound of a zipper being undone as I start screaming again. He starts to grab my shorts again when I hear a groan and a thud.

I look up to see that newt had tackled Jason off of me and was now vigorously punching him. Anger laced his punches as he hit him again and again until he was barely moving. Gladers came running in at the commotion.

Alby and Minho held newt back as he fought to get to Jason.

"Stop Newt, or I'm going to put you in the pit along with him!" He points to two other boys, "take Jason to the pit." They obey and drag him there as newt growls at him,

"I'll kill you! I'll shucking kill you!"

"Slim it Newt!" Alby yells.

Minho and Alby release newt once he seems as though he's not gonna murder anyone. He runs over to me, concern and anger etched on his features causing his eyebrows to furrow painfully.

"Carly? I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

I want to answer but my head pounds and everything starts to fade to blackness. The last thing I hear before I fall under is newt screaming for the med jacks as he holds on to me.