Chapter 17

Gally tried taking full charge at the gathering, just as I had expected. He kept yelling at everyone to sit in certain spots like this was the first gathering we've ever had. Well it's the first gathering I've ever attended, but certainly not there's.

Once inside I had to separate from newt since he was the second in command. Actually he was the leader as of right now. My heart ached as I thought of alby but I pushed it to the back of my mind so I could focus on what was happening now. The keepers sat in a semi circle in front of gally and newt who stood the entire time, while Thomas and I stood off to the side.

Gally began the gathering once everyone had taken there seats, "I called this gathering to discuss the punishments of Carly and the greenie. For breaking our number one rule and possibly for causing unknown change around the glade."

No one seemed interest as gally ranted. There was some heavy sighs and wondering eyes, which only fueled Gallys anger.

"I don't really understand what the issue is. You've had a grudge on them since they first got here, especially the greenie. And only a few minor things have changed since they arrived." Frypan stated, shrugging his shoulders.

"Do you even realize how long it's been since you got a new shipment of food? Two weeks. It's been two weeks since we got supplies sent up and it's been two weeks since the greenie got here."

I gasped. Why hasn't newt told me this. Now that I think about it we haven't gotten medical supplies in a long time and people seemed to be taking less visits, like they were trying to save resources. Why did they keep this information away from me?

"Gally how would that have been in any way caused by the greenie?" Zart asked exasperated.

"I DONT SHUCKING KNOW! ASK THE SPIES!" He roared back.

"Your being ridiculous." Newt interjected.

"Am I? Look all I'm saying is that they need to be punished. You know alby would agree with me Newt."

Newt looked from gally, to us, to Minho, "minho." He jumped up in his chair. He clearly hadn't been paying attention as usual, "you were in there with them, what do you think?"

He cleared his throat, clearly he wasn't expecting to have to talk today, "when I left alby for dead, these shuck faces stayed behind and helped him. Then Carly here killed a griever, which could lead us to a way out. I don't know if they're stupid or brave. But I know we need more of it." I never thought of it like that. Could I have possible helped find a way out. A new sense of hope and curiosity filled me. Maybe their is a way out after all, and I want to help find it. Newt would never let me go though and I don't think I could put him through that worry again.

"Oh come on! He broke our number one rule! Why doesn't anyone realize that! He's bad, do you think Ben was lying?"

"You right." Newt stated with crossed arms, "we can't have people thinking it's okay to break the rules."

What? Did he seriously just say that?

"And we definitely can't have non-runners going into the maze whenever they like."

Gally nodded his head in agreement which annoyed me even more, if possible.

"So from this day forward, Thomas is a runner." I beamed, as did Thomas beside me.

"Are you kidding me! Newt!"

"What about Carly?" Winston asked, "she broke the rules as well."

Newt glared at him but realized he had to do something, which I understood. I did break the rules after all. He sighed clearly upset with himself for what he was about to say, "your right. Both of you, one night in the pit no food."