Chapter 15

Hey guys! I was just wondering if you had any suggestions or any cool ideas. I pretty much know how I'm gonna make it end and there will be a sequel. Do you guys want to see anything happen in this story that hasn't happened or more of something that has? Im open for any suggestions! Just let me know. Thanks!

Newts p.o.v-

They weren't gonna make it. If Minho left alby behind he might have a chance, but I knew he wouldn't for the same reasons I wouldn't. The walls seemed to be taunting us as they closed at an agonizing pace.

Out of my peripheral vision I could see Thomas bouncing on his heels. Time stopped and before I had time to react, Carly did. She grabbed his arm in an attempt to stop him, causing him to pull her along with him. I froze in place as Thomas ran inside. She looked at me one last time with those beautiful eyes before running in after mechanically, almost getting crushed by the walls.

She looked at me one last time with the most frightened look in her eyes. All I could do was stare as the walls closed, ending my world.

I couldn't breathe. Couldn't think. How could she leave me like that. She promised she would never go in the maze. She promised! She has tommy and Minho but no one survives a night in the maze. I can't live without her. She's the only thing I have left. I love her and I haven't gotten the chance to tell her yet. My walls came crashing down on me. I fell to the ground as my body racked with sobs. I've never cried before.

I know I shouldn't be showing this weak side to me since I'm the leader now, but it didn't matter. I wouldn't be able to live much longer without her anyways. She's the only reason I want to live. I can sleep peacefully knowing I have her in my arms. I cry as I realize I'll never be able to hear her adorable laugh or see her beautiful eyes or smile ever again. I wish she could talk to me again and again and never stop. My heart broke at the thought.

The other gladers began to depart. Anger bubbles inside me. Did they not care! If not for Carly then for ably or Minho or Tommy? I haven't even thought about them until this moment, but I didn't care. My mind was on Carly and I couldn't handle the pain. It was the worst thing I've ever felt. It hurt way more than getting this stupid limp or losing anyone else. I refused to cross her name off that wall in the deadheads. I won't believe it!

I promised to protect her! I keep breaking that promise! If I hadn't froze I could have pulled her back and she would be here with me right now instead of in there. Having her in there is my worst nightmare. I dreamed about it one morning and I screamed until she woke me. It's my fault. I didn't protect her. I cry into my knees.

"Thank god. We'll finally get some peace and quiet around here now that she's gone."

I snap my head up to see gally standing directly in front of me, picking at his nails like nothing happened.

"What did you just say?" I growl between clenched teeth.

"Oh slim it newt. Your precious play toy is gone. Maybe they'll send you up another one. Hopefully one that's less annoying." He rolled his eyes.

"Don't talk about her like that!" My fists clenched at my sides.

"She's dead by now anyway. She's too weak to survive the maze even if there was a chance. And you know that. Oh I just have one question for you, we're you ever gonna share the slut with-"

Anger surged through me as I tackled him. I held him down with my left hand as I punched him relentlessly with my right until I saw blood, but I still wasn't satisfied. I would have kept hitting him forever if it weren't for the gladers, I couldn't see who since I was fighting against them to get back at gally, were holding me back. Clint and Jeff were inspecting his wounds and beginning to help him up, "don't help that shuck face! I'll bloody kill you! Let me go! I said let let me go!"