Chapter 20

1 week later
Friday
the homecoming dance was on Saturday.

Betty

That day I was allowed to skip class by decorating the homecoming dance.

So I walked to school with Archie as usual and although he was acting weird I just ignored it.

When I walked in everyone looked at me,and I remembered,the Chuck thing was still being talked.

Everyone whispered things,and I was alone because Archie was training in the football field and Veronica was nowhere to be seen.

I just looked to the floor,suddenly I felt someone wrap an arm around me,Jughead Jones.

I looked at him and he smiled making me smile.

"Thanks."I whispered and he nodded.

"Hey um,"he said when we reached the gym. "Since today is the homecoming dance."

I nodded smiling knowing what he was about to ask.

"Do you want to go with me?like a date?"He asked.

"Of course Jug."I said and he sighed in relief.

"You might be the bad guy but you're so cute sometimes."I said putting my hands on his cheeks.

He leaned in and we connected our lips.

"Bye Jug."I said walking in the gym.

-

Veronica

Shit.

I woke up late.

I got dressed did my makeup and ran downstairs.

"Honey we're sorry."Mom said. "We also woke up late."

"It's okay,I don't have class today."I said. "I'm preparing the homecoming dance."

I took a sip of milk grabbed my jacket and my purse and kissed my dad's cheek.

"Bye!"I yelled running away.

I started walking fast through the cold streets.

I was about to get to the High when someone called my name.

"Veronica!"A woman said from the distance.

I turned around a and saw Alice Cooper.

"Hi."She said.

"Um mrs.Cooper?I'm late"I said.

"Wait!Don't worry about that."She said. "I wanna talk with you about the black hood."

"Okay?"I said confused.

Why did Betty's mom want to talk about the black hood?

"So as you know,my daughter and that Jughead Jones are working on it."She said and I nodded. "Well,I think is Jughead's dad,F.P Jones."