Chapter 21

What the hell was going on.

I started to feel dizzy.

Before I knew it Archie was talking to Jughead and V was still with my mom.

I walked back in the dance because I think V saw me.

I was feeling more and more dizzy.

I saw Jug laughing at what Archie was telling him and V walking towards the two guys..

"Betty are you sure you're okay?"Kevin asked taking me back to reality.

"Yeah,Sorry."I said.

I started walking to where they three were,mad.

"Where were you guys?"I asked rudely and Jughead looked surprised and confused.

"We just got here."Archie said.

"And what were you just talking to my mom about?"I asked.

"Betty..."Veronica started saying.

"Guys can we table this?"Archie cut her off. "Come on,we gotta get ready."

Veronica held his hand and they walked away I turned around to see them walk in the amount of people.

Jug gently rested his hand on my back as Principal Weatherbee started his speech.

-

I saw Archie and Veronica walk to the hallway and I followed them.

"Before you get mad,let me explain."Veronica said.

"Explain what?!"I asked. "That you are working with my mom behind my back?!"

"It's not that,we did something."Archie said.

"Did what?!What did you two do now?!"I asked angry.

"Guys...Betty..."I heard Jughead walk in. "What's going on?"

"Do you want to tell him or should I?"I asked V and Archie rudely.

"Tell me what?"Jug asked.

"We went to your dad's trailer to look for clues Jughead of the Black Hood."Archie said.

"Why would you guys do that?"Jug asked.

"My mom put them up to."I said. "She was convinced that he is the black hood."

"We were just doing to prove that-"Archie got cut by Jug.

"That my dad wasn't a murderer?!"He asked angry. "You went behind my back,Archie."

"When did you guys do this?"Jug asked.

"We knew he'd be at dinner with..."She looked at me.

Jug turned around not believing the situation.

"No..."I said.

"That's why your mom invited my dad and I to dinner?"He asked. "So these two could break into his trailer while she interrogated him?"

"No!I didn't know what they were doing!"I said. "But yes,that is why she invited you guys."

He shook his head no. "To think I was gonna pass on moving to Toledo with my family,for you."

"What?"I asked as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"You told me you believed me,Betty."He said. "I told you my dad is innocent,wasn't that enough for you"

"It was!"I said trying not to crack my voice. "It was good enough"

"I didn't...I tried to stop her!"I said.

"But you could've told me,you could've warned me about this."He said,I had never seen him this way.

"You were so excited Jug,I didn't want to disappoint you."I said putting my hands on his cheeks already crying.

"So instead you lied?!"He asked. "You all lied to me?"

Suddenly mom stomped in. "Betty you have to listen"

"Mom don't"I said.

"No,you need to listen,all of you."She said.

"Jughead."Kevin said. "My dad saw Veronica and Archie walk out your dad's trailer,he walked,registered and found a black hood and a gun."

"He was just arrested."Alice said. "For being the black hood."

We all stayed quiet,I only could see Jughead's back.

He suddenly walked fast to the entrance and outside.

He ran downstairs and we followed him but he ran away,and we three stood in the stairs looking at the silhouette running away in the distance.

"Jug"I sobbed in silence.
-

When I got home Mom followed me up to my room.

"Kevin said his father saw Archie and Veronica,but tell me Mom,was it you who told him?"I asked.

"Betty I was with you at the dance!"She said.

"Answer the damn question mom."I said. "Was it You?"

"It was not."She said. "And as much as I like Jughead,I'm glad you're done with that family."

"Done?"I asked. "I love Jughead.He's as much my family as you are,more so right now"I started walking to the door but she stopped me.

"You are not going anywhere young lady".She said.

"I'm going to look for Jughead."I said rudely. "Do not push me tonight,mom.Because I will push back"

She got out of my way and I quickly walked downstairs.

I know it's soon,I just couldn't sleep tonight