Stinkin' Androids

Connor knew she didn't like him, she hated all androids, but why? That question bugged his system, as a simple scan couldn't tell him his answer. Any attempts at conversation were shot down within seconds. She reminded him of Gavin Reed, though he was more upfront about his distaste for Connor whereas (Y/N) would only glare at him if he got too close.

One fine evening Captain Fowler announced that tomorrow night one of the other officers was holding a party for the whole DCPD. An email would be sent out regarding the details and location of the party. Before he turned to head back into his office, Fowler mentioned that he expected everyone to be here the next day even if their skull was splitting open due to how bad their headache was.

Once he left a chorus of cheers and excited chatter filled the room. Among those openly showing their excitement, (Y/N) was one of them. Looking at her from where Connor sat across the room he picked up something in her eyes he labeled as pride. As he tried to figure out why, Hank opened the email he just received from the very woman Connor was studying. As Captain Fowler said it contained the address of her house and time of the party as well as the instructions to bring a treat to the party to share. At the bottom there was a note.

Lt. Anderson, I'd like to ask you not to bring your android Connor.

Hank muttered "Eff you" under his breath and sat back in his chair. Connor turned to him. "What's wrong Lieutenant?"

"Nothing." That was clearly a lie but Connor chose not to comment on it.

"Who's hosting the party?"

"(L/N)." Connor's gaze snapped to (Y/N). Their eyes met and her smile dropped. She looked over at Hank to see his arms were crossed with an unhappy expression on his face. He better not bring that blasted piece of plastic. She turned away from the duo back to Reed, who was telling her something funny based off how quickly the smile returned to her face.

The next day passed as fast as it always didーtime passes at the same rate from day to day after allーbut Hank felt it was a long day. By the time he was finally able to leave the station he was ready to down a couple beers and sleep the rest of the evening away. However, that's not how the night went.

"Lieutenant, will we be attending the party tonight?" Connor asked as he got into Hank's car. Hank ran a hand down his face and sighed.

"Do you wanna go?"

"I think it would be beneficial for you to get to know your coworkers better-" Hank scoffed. "-and I would like to engage in this social event. I think it would be...fun."

"They're not as great as you think. The alcohol sucks and the headache later reminds you it wasn't worth it." Just thinking about another of these parties made his mood turn sour.

"You don't have to drink the alcohol if it's that distasteful, Lieutenant," Connor said. Hank gave him a look and shook his head.

"If you want to go I guess we can, but as soon as you realize how boring it is we're leaving."

"What time does the party start?"

"You don't show up right when the party starts, you have to be at least 5 minutes late." Only people with no lives arrive right when it begins. Connor stored this information and looked ahead at the road.

"What should I wear?"

"I got a few outfits you could try."

When the two showed up at the party, plenty of people were already inside and having a great time. The music could faintly be heard from where they stood outside and the lights inside cast shadows out the window in the shapes of people. Cars by the dozen were lined up on the driveway and spilling out onto the street.