Puppy Love

You'll either see this as how Connor acts when he's in love or an OOC android.

Androids. Pieces of plastic that steal human jobs. Human-like but better. The target of you and your brother's loathing.

You sat in the breakroom with a cup of coffee steaming in your hand. The brown liquid may've looked appealing, especially to your tired mind, but the DCPD had never been known to have good coffee. You only drank it because you needed to stimulate your brain into a state in which you could work. Gavin sat next to you, a similar styrofoam cup set in front of him. He was glaring down at it like it was the reason he woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

"Easy." You set your hand on his shoulder. "It'll start boiling soon if you don't stop glaring at it." His heated look disappeared as he sighed, slumping. "Rough night?" you asked, laying your head on the circular table to get eye-level with him.

"I got 2 hours of sleep," he groaned, running a hand down his face. You grinned.

"You shouldn't have persisted after that one girl who dumped her drink on you at the bar."

He scowled at you. "Shut it."

"Good morning, detectives," a voice said from the entrance to the break room. You both looked up to see Hank's pet android. He offered a smile but it fell when he saw the angry looks sent his way. Your brother got up to share his bad mood with the android as you sat back to watch, sipping the terrible coffee.

"I was having a really sucky morning until you showed up," Gavin began, getting right up in Connor's face. "I've been itching to punch something. Stand still." Connor stepped back and held up his hands.

"I would not recommend taking such an action."

"Oh yeah?" Your brother raised an eyebrow, turning to you and smirking. The corner of your lips curved up.

"I'm CyberLife's newest prototype. I'm worth-" Gavin whirled around and socked him in the stomach. You winced. He punched you once and you threw up, so you had no doubt that hurt. Connor fell to the ground and Gavin 'tsk'd.

"Can't take a hit?" Gavin taunted. "I'm just getting started." You grabbed his arm.

"C'mon, we've got better things to waste our time on." He let you lead him out, but before you turned the corner you looked back at the android. Connor's gaze was on you.

"Pathetic," your brother scoffed. You nodded.

"Detective Reed?" Your eyes landed on the oh-so-important android Gavin punched earlier.

"What?" You asked, a hard edge to your tone. He held up a cup.

"I know how much you dislike the station's coffee so I thought I would buy you some from a nearby coffee shop. I hope it's to your liking."

You looked between him and the cup he held a foot from your face. "What is it?"

"(Something/You/Like)."

"Lucky guess." You took it and he smiled. When he stood there for a minute as if waiting for something you rose a brow. "Thank you?"

"You're welcome, Detective." He turned and walked away. You watched him for a moment before shaking your head. Androids.

"Hey sis." Gavin sat on your desk no more than 5 minutes after Connor left.

"Sup." He spotted the coffee cup clearly not from the station.

"What's that?"

"Coffee. I got some after I decided I couldn't stomach any more of that dreadful stuff in the break room." You didn't know why you had the urge to hide the fact that Connor gave it to you; maybe because you knew Gavin would march right over there and pick a fight that would add to his disciplinary folder.