Innocent

I tried something out by making most of the story dialogue and leaving a number of things up to interpretation. I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Feel free to tell me what you think.

"Why am I here?" you asked the question you'd been meaning to since you were called into the police station. The android sitting across from you folded his hands on the table, a piece of paper with typed print covering most of its surface under them. The few words you could read upside down were 'suspect', 'assault', and 'alleged murderer'.

"You are our lead suspect in an attempted murder," the android explained, studying your reaction. Your eyes widened.

"What happened?"

"The victim was assaulted on her way home after a night of drinking at the local bar, receiving two knife wounds to the shoulder and abdomen. Someone spotted her body and called the police, and thankfully the victim was able to get the medical attention she needed."

"That's awful." You frowned.

"Which is why it's important we find her attempted killer." The android leaned forward.

"So why are you wasting your time on me?"

"We're investigating each of our leads, and you're one of them."

"But I didn't do it!" You rose your voice a little bit, then quickly leaned back in your chair and sighed. "Sorry. But I have an alibi."

"Let's hear it."

"I was with my friend, her name's Cindy. We were drinking at her house cause she finally got employed after a couple months of searching. We must've passed out around 2 in the morning. I was at her house the whole night."

"What's Cindy's surname?"

"Pollock."

"We'll talk to her."

"Does that mean I'm free to go?" This chair was getting uncomfortable and the room you were currently in felt like one you'd stick an insane patient.

"For now." The android stood from the table, glancing towards the one-way mirror.

"Thanks." You stood with a smile. The android reached out to put his hand on the pad. "Hey, what's your name?"

He turned. "Connor."

"Well, don't take this the wrong way, but I hope I don't see you again." A small lift of his lips then he turned back to the pad and put his hand to it so the door opened.

"Hello again Connor," you said, smiling at the android across the table. He sent one back before shuffling the papers in his hands.

"New information has come to light that points to you," he said, looking you in the eyes. You frowned, worry creasing your brows. "The victim says she got a glimpse of her attacker, and it matches your description." You looked down, trying to think of how that could be.

"Isn't there an android model that looks similar to me?"

"The victim wasn't able to tell me the model, but she did say there was an LED on the side of her attacker's head."

"If you knew it was an android why do you still suspect me?"

"Because I wanted to give you the chance to be open." He leaned close, looking you directly in the eyes. "Are you or are you not an android?"

"I'm human," you stated confidently. His eyes narrowed before he backed away and nodded.

"I believe you. Do you know the name of the model that looks like you?"