Chapter 19

LUKE’S POV (after the phone call)

Shit. He knows that I like her. What if he blackmails me? I look over at Becca whose lips are parted slightly. I knew she needed space from guys hitting on her but in that moment all I wanted to do was kiss her. I wanted to tell her I liked her, but look what had happened with Michael. I didn’t want that to happen to her again, and if she was with me I’d never let that happen. We had known for awhile and begged him to tell her before their sixth month, but no that dipshit doesn’t listen and now look what’s happened: Becca is extra broken.

I decide that I should sleep and lay down as Becca nuzzles into me. I resist the urge to kiss her, again. I quickly fall asleep. About three or so hours later, she wakes up and I immediately sit up, just in case something’s wrong. She doesn’t want to sleep so we go downstairs and she ends up falling asleep in my arms. She must know how I feel, right? She must know I have a major crush on her, right? I finally fall asleep.

“Luke wake up,” she says and I quickly sit up.

“Are you okay?” I ask.

“I’m fine,” she says and I just nods.

“Can I do something that I may regret forever?” I ask. I get nervous at this point. She deserves to know my feelings, right?

“Um… sure?” she answers and I could tell she was confused. I look at her a swallow nervously before I do it. I actually kiss her. Like a good kiss. And guess what? She kisses me back. She pulls away and looks at her hands.

“Listen, I’m sorry. I know you just got done with Michael and I shouldn’t have even done that and yeah I’m sorry.” I say awkwardly.

“It’s fine Luke. I just need time, okay?” she says.

“Do you want to go to school today? I’ll totally ditch with you,” I suggest and she just shrugs before sighing.

“No, I think I should go anyway. Just promise you’ll stay by me, yeah?” she asks and I just smile and kiss her forehead before standing up to go shower. I get out and she’s watching whatever is on TV and eating a bowl of cereal.

“Go take a shower,” I say and she looks at me and playfully rolls her eyes before standing up. By the time she gets out I’m ready to go.

“I don’t have clothes,” she says awkwardly in a towel.

“Just wear one of my shirts and a pair of pants you’ve left here before. You basically live at my house at times,” I say and push her playfully which causes the towel to drop. My face immediately goes red and I turn around. “I’m sorry Becca!” I say and I just hear her giggle. This girl was driving me crazy.

“Shut up and get out so I can change,” she laughs again and I quickly leave. If that wasn’t awkward I don’t know what is. Finally she’s ready and we get in my car and head to school.

“I thought we could get my car?” she says almost as a question.

“You took a million hours. If you hurried then maybe we’d have time but we don’t so we’ll pick it up after school,” I say.

“Are you going to that party thing that Ashton told us we had to go?” she asks pretending to pick at her nails.

“Well… I was, but if you want to chill at my house then that’s fine too,” I say and I can feel her stare on me.

“Are you kidding me? We’re going to that party, we’re going to have some fun.” she says. I smile and bite my lip ring.

“Yeah, also we’re playing tonight,” I say and she playfully punches me.

“And you were going to ditch it to stay with me?” she says as we pull into the school parking lot.

“Oh shut up,” I laugh a little.

“Luke Hemmings, I can’t believe you were going to ditch a performance,” she says shaking her head.

“Okay so I know you said you needed time and this is going to be super cliche but I’d do anything for you Becca,” I say pulling into my usual spot.

“Fuck youuu, don’t get all cheesy on me,” she giggles a little.

“Get out of my car you meanie head,” and she giggles again and kisses my cheek before getting out.

“See you later alligator,” she says and skips inside. I follow her and see Michael hug her. I hope they work things out but I also hope she’s done with him. Michael just winks at me which makes me nervous. I give him a death glare but he just sits and starts talking. I decide to go to my locker. Ashton is waiting there for me.

“Dude, how’s it going?” he says and I open my locker.

“Fine, why do you ask?” I ask.

“We’re still on for tonight, yeah?” he’s smiling.

“Yeah. Why? What’s going on?” I say grabbing my stuff and shutting my locker. Calum comes up behind him and smirks at me.

“Don’t worry mate. See you tonight,” and they both walk off. What the hell does that mean? I look back at Michael and Becca and they’re hugging again. I’m guessing they made up. That was quick. Becca looks at me and I quickly look away awkwardly. I decide to go to my class early just to get away from them. Please don’t be back together. I think that would literally kill me.

(A.N okay only a few more chapterssss :) then the sequel is going to be SO dramatic and extreme but it’ll be delicious and also sorry if this chapter seems rushed im on a tight schedule)